A few new ones

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

It's the dog days for photography here but I'm still trying some new things. Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wow Don, these are very creative and lovely. Although I also like #2, I have to say that I like 3 the best followed by 2. Although in #3 I might be interested to see the crop opened a little more so there was more of the dark blue above the blossom.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks, Sara. Appreciate the feedback.

• BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

I like them all Don. #2 is my favorite though. That very narrow Depth of Field is perfect for the subject, which I'm guessing is a Venus flytrap? Well done!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks, John. It's actually a leaf of a local desert plant called dasylirion wheeleri. There's not much detail to facilitate identification, though. :)

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

2 rocks!~

Thanks, Taz.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2019

Love em all.

3 however a tad bit more. Nice colors and I like the off-center composition. I could definitely see this image used in many different ways from a business card to a product wrapper. Very creative, cool, inviting. Nicely done!`

Hummm...apologies, not sure where the font size/change is coming from....investigating

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@El Gato said:
    Love em all.

3 however a tad bit more. Nice colors and I like the off-center composition. I could definitely see this image used in many different ways from a business card to a product wrapper. Very creative, cool, inviting. Nicely done!`

Hummm...apologies, not sure where the font size/change is coming from....investigating

Ah....Beginning a statement with a special character (i.e., #) appears to be the culprit. Sorry folks.

El Gato, the comment is appreciated in any font.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice work! I like them all, is it soap bubbles on the first one? I agree with Sara on the crop option on 3. Two is very interesting, whatever it is, have you tried changing the temperature either towards blue or maybe warm?

Cristobal, thanks. The first is indeed bubbles (detergent and glycerin). I agree with the idea for cropping the third but circumstances made it impractical.