Options

Dragonfly exuvia

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins

You would think that an empty skin was an easy macro subject. OK, it won't walk or fly away. However, not only was this low on the stem but it was above an inch or two of water at the side of the pond.

On top of that, the empty legs had only the lightest friction grip. The skin would spin around the stem in the lightest breeze and would readily slide down it. This was not a good situation for stereo pairs so there are some compromises, notably in the first stereo.

The stereos are crosseye.

Olympus EM-1 (aperture priority), Olympus 4/3 x2 TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, f9 except f11 for the last, hand-held.

Harold

Comments

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Harold....

These are great!

I am always impressed by folks that can get the "shot" regardless of the challenging circumstances to getting that shot. You did just that and on top of it, captured a subject that most folks would never get to see...especially at this life-cycle stage.

Love the direct, front-on image. Well done!!

Wonderful job.

• Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2019

Thanks, El Gato.

To get a slightly better shot I would have had to kneel in ankle deep water. Instead, I bent the stalk over so that all I had to do was to lean forwards.

I used to seek out these creatures as a teenager so I know them well enough to find and photograph them.

Harold