Real Blog or Template

GobaeGobae Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
Include a real blogging option or at least let us be able to create page templates so we can make our own daily blogs with ease.

Comments

• naomimayanaomimaya Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

Yes, please! This would be great ;)

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Lots of us have been asking for this SM feature for many years.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • RonvanderPlasRonvanderPlas Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    Yes please. Or have an option to copy a page.
  • Giovanni_BertagnaGiovanni_Bertagna Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins

Yes, I am also waiting for the blog.
    So I close with WordPress ;-)

Follow me on Diario Fotografico (Photo Diary) and Blog

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

@RonvanderPlas said:

If you contact us SmugMug Support Heroes, we'll be able to copy pages for you.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • wastedimageswastedimages Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Is there a plan for a gallery/blogging template? This is becoming a dealbreaker for me, as it is something Im looking to do, and none of your templates seem to fit...
  • gabyvicentegabyvicente Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Yes, please!!!! And have an option to copy a page without having to contact smugmug support each time needed. Let us do it.
  • picsbydarahpicsbydarah Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2019

Smugmug Customers: "Hey, Smugmug Developers! Can you add a blog feature, and a functional text editor, or an HTML editor that displays code properly, please!"
    Smugmug: Crickets.....
    Smugmug Customers: "Uh... did you see the request that all of the "millions and billions of customers" of yours requested?"
    Smugmug: **.....More Crickets
    **Smugmug Customers:
    "Hello? Is this thing even on?"
    Smugmug: "Guise! Great news about our features! We added a new button on the lightbox! Our developers have been extremely busy writing an entire line of code to make the lightbox more........"
    Smugmug Customers: "That's great, Smugmug! We're all so thrilled to have a new feature that nobody asked for!"

Seriously Smugmug, get it together. Either get your CEO, customer service people and developers together in a room to add these to your non-existent Jira board and promptly complete the tasks so you can wipe them off the board or expect people to start publicly shaming your service more and more. I used to spend forever trying to figure out why the text editor wasn't working and trying to work around its glitches. And now I spend more time deleting the annoying automatic closing brackets from the HTML editor than actually getting anything accomplished. When you do a Google search for "Smugmug vs." there are some extremely negating articles written about you. Bro, do you even SEO? How are you going to try and teach your customers about SEO when you clearly aren't even managing your own SEO?

So, I figured instead of wasting all of this time trying to customize my annoying Smugmug site, I may as well do something useful...

...Like setting up my own WordPress server and getting ready to import all of my content from Smugmug to WordPress and getting rid of y'all after six years as a loyal customer. It is unacceptable that you have been ignoring two of the most frequently requested features from your customers, and that you refuse to fix your text editor.

Being someone who works in the dev field, I have to say - your software is becoming an exceptionally sad excuse for a SaaS. Sadly I wasn't a developer 6 years ago, or I would have immediately gone with WordPress and avoided ever getting in up to my ears with Smugmug.

• PJPhotoPJPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

I too would love a blog site. Appreciate you can fake it by redirecting visitors elsewhere but I'd love it to all be self-contained within Smugmug.

• JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins

@rainforest1155 said:

@RonvanderPlas said:

Why can't we, the users, have the ability to clone our own pages? I'd prefer this to Smugmug-made template for blogs.

• DaleFuDaleFu Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Yes, I need this!
  • rjwilnerrjwilner Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins

@rainforest1155 said:

@RonvanderPlas said:

As much as I'm sure everyone appreciates the offer, I just don't see how that is remotely practical. What if I wish to create multiple posts today....and everyone else wishing for this feature does the same. What if we 'just' wanted to post 4-5X/week? Is it even possible the Heroes could possibly keep up with the requests?

• havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins

A few more months and this post will be 1 year old. I have wanted this for years.

Randy P.
    Fuji X shooter
    Thoughts and Images
  • AbigayleRayPhotographyAbigayleRayPhotography Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins

Havanese, hate to say this, but a real blog feature has been asked for a lot longer than nearly a year.

I've been with Smugmug since 2011 and it's been requested that far back and all we get is some workaround that is more work than it's worth, or the famous we hear you and we're looking into it.

Unfortunately I'll say, face the facts, a true blogging feature will probably never be a reality at this point. It's sad that we're nearly in the year 2020 and every other website that's worth anything has blogging capabilities, heck even the brand new pixieset website builder has a blog built in, and it just launched publicly last month (I've been in the beta testing with it since last December).

If you truly need blogging capabilities, then you really need to look elsewhere just as I have. I still use Smugmug for both photo storage and a backup website, but that's it now.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited November 4, 2019

@havanese said:
    A few more months and this post will be 1 year old. I have wanted this for years.

Are you aware that the link to your blog from your SmugMug site is incorrect?
    Clicking it results in "This site can’t be reached".

• havanesehavanese Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2019

@AbigayleRayPhotography ... yes, I am a 10+ year subscriber to SM and my wishing for blogging has gone on for years and years.
    @denisegoldberg Thank you, I fixed the link ... right now I am using Exposure.co which allows you to post "stories" so it's not a traditional website but for my needs, it's working ok. The link now is correctly pointing to https://www.randyphotography.com

Randy P.
    Fuji X shooter
    Thoughts and Images