Chrome extension broken (again)?

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins

It appears SmugMug made an unannounced change within the last few minutes which has broken thenickguy's (aka Lamah's) excellent Chrome extension for bulk-editing photo details.

Comments

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins

This diagnostic message is appearing -

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2019

Looks like "List your galleries" is working, at least it is cranking away finding pages.

Edit: worked fine

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Just used Nick's extension last night to place captions, titles and keywords in a new gallery. Worked fine. Just checked it again. Still works for me.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited August 2, 2019

Thanks, but the "bulk edit photo details" option is still not working for me!

If I "OK"-away the error message in my original post, I'm just left this - in a new gallery with two images.

"Bulk edit photo details" option not working here either.
    Latest Chrome version.

• BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2019

Hmmm... The bulk-edit tool worked fine for me this morning in Chrome v75. But I just updated to v76, and it now fails ("Please wait while the photos from this gallery are loaded...").

http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography

Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Not working here either.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Strange. I'm stuck with the dilemma of my older Chrome version not working with Smugmug's new lightbox views, but Nick's extension still works. If I upgrade the computer to the newest softwares, I lose something I use all the time (Nick's extension). And If I don't upgrade, I lose lightbox and the organizer completely. Ouch.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins

Whoops, the newest version of Chrome broke things for us. I've fixed that now in version 0.4.7, but it sounds like things may get even worse in subsequent versions of Chrome...

Your browser will eventually update to 0.4.7 automatically, but you can speed things along by going to Tools -> Extensions, ticking the Developer Mode box and then clicking the "Update" button that appears at the top. The version number should tick over to 0.4.7 after half a minute or so.

• James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins

Nicholas Sherlock's magnificent bulk editing tool used to be invaluable for me, but it disappeared from the menu on my system more than a year ago. Creating/viewing backups is still available, as shown in the attached screen-grab, but there is no sign of the bulk editing tool. How can I restore the bulk editor to the menu? (I have updated to Nicholas's new version 0.4.7) I should be most grateful for some help.

• BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins

@James Lyall said:
    Nicholas Sherlock's magnificent bulk editing tool used to be invaluable for me, but it disappeared from the menu on my system more than a year ago. Creating/viewing backups is still available, as shown in the attached screen-grab, but there is no sign of the bulk editing tool. How can I restore the bulk editor to the menu? (I have updated to Nicholas's new version 0.4.7) I should be most grateful for some help.

That looks like the non-gallery menu. Check to be sure you're in a gallery and try again?

http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography

@thenickdude said:
    Whoops, the newest version of Chrome broke things for us. I've fixed that now in version 0.4.7, but it sounds like things may get even worse in subsequent versions of Chrome...

Your browser will eventually update to 0.4.7 automatically, but you can speed things along by going to Tools -> Extensions, ticking the Developer Mode box and then clicking the "Update" button that appears at the top. The version number should tick over to 0.4.7 after half a minute or so.

Thanks for fixing this Nick. I was absolutely lost without it!

• James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins

@BigRed said:
    That looks like the non-gallery menu. Check to be sure you're in a gallery and try again?

You are quite right; I am most grateful.
    Silly me, I fell right into this ninny trap because it is so long since I last used Nick's superb bulk editor.