Options

Next Challenge?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited December 11, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Have we voted? Am I missing something again? Do we have an announcement on the next challenge?

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Have we voted? Am I missing something again? Do we have an announcement on the next challenge?

ginger
    Err, Ginger, Challenge 53 runs until 12/12. Shay has plenty of time to announce the next challenge theme.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Err, Ginger, Challenge 53 runs until 12/12. Shay has plenty of time to announce the next challenge theme.

Actually, as a retired gent, you get to do one extra, Harry - Shay is picking up after the challenge that starts on 12/27

clap.gif Harry clap.gif Harry clap.gif :harry
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Actually, as a retired gent, you get to do one extra, Harry - Shay is picking up after the challenge that starts on 12/27

clap.gif Harry clap.gif Harry clap.gif :harry
    another bloody challenge!!!!! yikes.gifxxbah.gif
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    another bloody challenge!!!!! yikes.gifxxbah.gif
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

have fun with it harrythumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2005
    So Harry, I thought you and Andy were friends.
    The next announcement will be that you're running the challenges from now on.:D

Can I make a suggestion here for the next challenge topic.
    Paper. It's everywhere.

And with the holiday season going on, there will be a ton of it during the next challenge.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2005
    davev wrote:
    So Harry, I thought you and Andy were friends.
    The next announcement will be that you're running the challenges from now on.:D
    That would be only done over Andy's dead body. ::grim
    Harry
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2005
    I would suggest that we use The Ballet as the subject,rolleyes1.gif . The reason I asked, and the reason being, that the only thing I really have planned for the next two weeks, other than Christmas preparations, is to photograph the same ballet rehearsal as I did last year.

I have no memory of my camera settings, no idea how I did it, don't expect my photos to match last years. The reason I asked about the challenge was to see if that ballet, I will be in the dark backstage, to see if it would fit into the challenge in some way.

So I would suggest The Ballet as the subject.

(We could narrow the subject down to Peter and the Wolf with a part of the Nutcracker as done by the College of Charleston Ballet company in Charleston, SC. I think that would be fun!)

If not that, Holidays could work, we probably all have some kind of holiday, even if it is someone else's.

Or cute puppies and kittens would be good. Cute puppies and kittens as Christmas presents: before and after, well, that would be sick but interesting.
    Maybe we could get that one published.

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2005
    What about shadows, Harry. I just noticed a question re shadows somewhere else.

We did shadows last year at this time. It can be a "holiday" tradition. Then we could do movement again, when someone else takes over, or I could try it at the ballet, but I would have to blur, I just would, the tempation..............

Yeah, a blur of a ballet: Sweeeeeeeeeeet, I vote for movement.

And people have been asking for movement. We did it, but before I think you were even here yet, Harry.

ginger
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2005
    Molsondog wrote:
    Great idea, Davev. It is everywhere. Paper fiber (cellulose) is in our books, magazines, catalogs (19 billion this year), homes, autos and food. Last year the US consumed 30+ million tons of printing paper and 9.5 million tons of newsprint.

Where does it come from, how is it used and where does it go after use? There are plenty of image opportunities with this topic. Did you know that the USA recovers over 50% of the paper we produce (it's called the "urban forest")? Do you recycle?
    lol3.giflol3.giflol3.giflol3.gif sounds like a motivational speaker to get people to recycle. i dk. might just be the 14 year old sitting in the assemblys coming out in me.:D
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2005
    Silly question ... have we ever done a "Holiday Challenge" that's specific to the Holidays? I know that not everyone celebrates them, so someone may feel left out.

That said, I do like the ballet and paper themes, but these can be done most of the year. The Holidays roll around just once and it offers us a unique opportunity to see people, places and things just a little different.

AND the Nutcraker is *always* showing up here in Boston during this time of year. :D

Oh and congrats to Harry for picking another one! clap.gif