The most stupidest question

david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
edited January 30, 2019 in Dgrin Forum Support

Sorry to ask this.

Where to retrieve my "Save Draft". I really looked all over can't locate.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2019

I think it just keeps showing what you last typed in since your last post. It's kinda of a PITA.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited January 30, 2019

Not a stupid question at all. While logged in:

https://dgrin.com/drafts

In fact, I found three of my own unfinished drafts in my cache I didn't even know existed.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins

@Allen said:
    I think it just keeps showing what you last typed in since your last post. It's kinda of a PITA.

I typed something in Landscape yesterday. I logged in today and it does not appear automatically liked you said? I search under my own profile not a clue there. Not under my discussion

• david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Not a stupid question at all. While logged in:

https://dgrin.com/drafts

In fact, I found three of my own unfinished drafts in my cache I didn't even know existed.

Not there either.

Surely its not rocket science to find the button, unless its intentionally to be deeply embedded.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited January 31, 2019

David, I don't know of a button in the forum software, sorry. The designers of this forum software (Vanilla) haven't made an easy access to post drafts. The /drafts trick is the only way we know how to access these.

Here's what I do for long posts, especially when there's several photos involved. I compose the post in a simple text editor first along with image tags. When I'm satisfied with spelling and content, I copy/paste the entirety into the forum. There are cases when I also post the same content to another forum (like POTN), and that side copy helps make that much easier, especially if I need to change the image tags.

I'm not saying it is necessary to do that, but we've all lost post content for various reasons, including the forum software having fits.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • CarolynAmerianCarolynAmerian Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I can't figure out how to share my photos on smug mug with other photographers and potential customers and get their feedback.
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@CarolynAmerian said:
    I can't figure out how to share my photos on smug mug with other photographers and potential customers and get their feedback.

If your talking about not being able to post photos here in the forum, new members are not allowed to post photos/links until you are here (post-count) for a while. Helps with spam.

• CarolynAmerianCarolynAmerian Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Thanks Mike, but I mean having my photos viewed in my gallery on smug mug.
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@CarolynAmerian said:
    Thanks Mike, but I mean having my photos viewed in my gallery on smug mug.

Then I don't understand your question.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

@CarolynAmerian said:

I just stumbled up on this question. If you haven't fixed your problem, you need to open your galleries, at the top, select organize. Then click on settings. from there click security and sharing. You can make bulk adjustments to all galleries, or select each gallery and set your preferences. Be sure to save your selections.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!