Options

Problem displaying private gallery

GoughyGoughy Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
Could someone please confirm the following behavior?

- Login to your SmugMug site

- Select "Organize"

- Navigate to a PRIVATE gallery (images are displayed correctly in a grid, as expected)

- Select "DONE" from the top line of the organizer

- All images are replaced by the dreaded "? in a blue box" icon, although other items such as filenames, gallery title, breadcrumbs etc. are all correctly displayed.

I am using the classic SmugMug style for the gallery, although I have seen the same behavior with "Collage (Landscape)" as well. It does not occur with Public galleries.

I someone else can confirm this, I'll report it as a bug.

Richard

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Do you mean passworded or unlisted? Private can only be seen by you the owner logged in.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

I changed a passworded gallery to "Private" and did not see what you are.
    Using Smumug style.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2019
    Thanks for looking, Allen.

These galleries are several folders deep, all of which are Private. e.g goughy.smugmug.com/Vault/OutOfCamera/2019/August/18

As I described in my instructions for reproducing the issue, I was logged in, otherwise I would not expect to see the gallery at all. It might be necessary to follow the same series of steps I did, in order to repro the behavior.

When I'm logged in:

goughy.smugmug.com/organize/Vault/OutOfCamera/2019/August/18 gives the expected grid display of images.
    Selecting "DONE" goes to goughy.smugmug.com/Vault/OutOfCamera/2019/August/18 which shows the problem

When I'm not logged in

goughy.smugmug.com/organize/Vault/OutOfCamera/2019/August/18 asks me for my login credentials.
    goughy.smugmug.com/Vault/OutOfCamera/2019/August/18 shows the "Page Not Found" message as expected.

I'll contact the heroes directly - it might be a particular problem with my setup.
  • Options
    On the advice of SmugMug heroine Amanda, I cleared the browser cache and that fixed the issue.

Probably something I should have thought of myself!