Majestic gate

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited August 23, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

Some historic structures in St. Augustine, Florida, date back to the later 1600's. Most that remain are of coquina structure. This gate is not that old but is very representative of the many very old gates and courtyards that cordon off homes in the historic district.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Beautiful! Romantic!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Beautiful! Romantic!

Thanks, my friend. This shot has been featured in several local publications that highlight the history of historic St. Augustine. A local gallery also included it in a recent showing of a collection called " The gates of old St. Augustine " that featured the works of several local photographers.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very nice! Makes me want to visit.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Cornflake said:
    Very nice! Makes me want to visit.

Thanks, Don. If you ever get a chance to make it to our area, shoot me a PM and I can help make it an enjoyable visit.