Page/search speed at 130,000+ images

MettemMettem Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
Hi there:) I am considering buying Smugmug for our company to use as a database. Does anybody have experience with uploading more than 130,000 images? My biggest concern is whether the system gets too slow. I am going use Smugmug as a database and therefore need the search function to be fast... Thanks in advance for your help:)
Tagged:

Comments

• MettemMettem Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    Another question; I have a test account and tagged some images last week by choosing several images in the same gallery and giving them tags. Today these tags are gone... What happened and why? And how long do I have to wait from tagging until I can find the images via the tags in the search function? I have noticed that there is some delay... Thanks in advance!
  • MettemMettem Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    And one more; We uploaded 10,000 images to our test account to test the system and appox. 7,000 of the images have the tag 'feriehus'. As I used the search funktion to search for the tag after the upload I first only got approx. 1,600 hits. Then I went to 'Organize' and visited one of the 3 new galleries and then went to the frontpage and searched again, there were approx. 5,000 hits and I did the same thing with the 3rd folder and finally I got all the images in my search. Is this a general problem when we bulk-upload images that we have to visit each and every gallery to load the images before they can be shown in the search results?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2019

It does take a bit for the tags/keywords to register. But I fine it much faster then it was in the past.

Check out this "system" page /keyword. It will list all your tags/keywords.
    Another system page to try out. /date

I do a site wide search on one of my keyword/tag and I get 4263 in search results. But I open that same keyword/tag in a keyword gallery and only get 1000.
    What part of that 4263 do I get, old photos or new photos?

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins

You can go to any level on your site, folder or gallery, and search a tag in the top right search box and get results at that level and below.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog