Showing Time Captured under Thumbnail/in Lightbox

fulofulo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins

When I set SM to show infos below the thumbnails, it shows me the title, captions and the tags.
Is there a possibility to show the time, when the image was taken?

Thanks a lot
Philip

Comments

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

The date taken and time would only be able to be seen when viewing the camera info in the Lightbox. You won't be able to display the time in the thumbnail view.

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • fulofulo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins

What a pity. That would be an urgent feature for me. :(

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

@fulo if you are using Lightroom, however, there is a plugin which can extend the caption with all kind of metadata. So I am using it to add an extra span class to set in unique file ids and location information. Yes, it does cost a little bit (I think about 24 € or something like that), but to me, it has been worth it. And no, I am not affiliated in any way with the developer :)

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • fulofulo Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2019

@Lille Ulven Thanks for the link to the plugin.
    "Unfortunately" I switched to Capture One a while ago. It's a great software. Period.

But if there was a good way to switch back without having to set all titles, captions and adjustments for tons of pictures, I'd probably use Lightroom again, as I have the complete CC Subscription anyway, for Illustrator, InDesign, … and I can't say, that C1 is the much better software. But that's another endless discussion. :)

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

@fulo, you are welcome.

Well...can you not save metadata to file with Capture One? The development adjustments should be in the sidecar files anyway, so as long as you have the XMP files in the same directory as the raw files LR should be able to figure it out, maybe? (I would try on a copy first if at all) - Not that I am trying to convince you to go back to LR or something, but if you like one better than the other and could go back to that one without having to redo everything than I am happy to hint into the right direction if I can :D

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels