Options

Early Winter in Maine

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

These are from last year, taken at our vacation home and down on the wharf in Boothbay Harbor. It was the first snow of the year--not too cold at our house but the morning I took the harbor shots it was about 15 at sunrise. Autumn is coming so I hope to have some new work to show you next month.

1. Branches

2. Balancing Act

3. Needles

4. Changing of the Seasons

5. All Covered Up

6. Huddled Up

7. Lobster on Ice

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2019

Nice work, Lauren. It's really nice to see you active again. Two summers ago, I spent 3 weeks traversing Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and a little in New Brunswick, Canada ( Campobello Island ). It was a fantastic experience. I look forward to what you come up with.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Nice work, it is kind of strange to see snow pics in summer... You almost forget.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Enjoyable set!

• Options

Thanks, gentlemen! It has been so hot in TX that looking at snow pictures seemed a good idea.

Tom, next time you head to New England you'll have to stop by and say hello. By the way, Campbello is right across from the town of Eastport, ME, where my grandmother grew up!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2019

@redleash said:
    Thanks, gentlemen! It has been so hot in TX that looking at snow pictures seemed a good idea.

Tom, next time you head to New England you'll have to stop by and say hello. By the way, Campbello is right across from the town of Eastport, ME, where my grandmother grew up!

Darlene and I spent the night in Eastport. It was a place right on the water, next to an abandoned strucure that extended into the water. We had a great time at the Waco Diner. I picked up a tee shirt from the place....a sickness I have. I occasionally wear it around Jacksonville. I've had several people come up and say that they've been to Waco's. Small world.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Tom, Ceci Snow and I ate at the Waco Diner when we met in Eastport for a few days. Having gone to Baylor, I got a kick out of the name. Does this building look familiar from Eastport? It is the old American Can facility, where they manufactured the cans for the sardine canning industry. My g.grandfather was a machinist supervisor at the plant in the early part of the 20th century.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options

@redleash said:
    Tom, Ceci Snow and I ate at the Waco Diner when we met in Eastport for a few days. Having gone to Baylor, I got a kick out of the name. Does this building look familiar from Eastport? It is the old American Can facility, where they manufactured the cans for the sardine canning industry. My g.grandfather was a machinist supervisor at the plant in the early part of the 20th century.

Lauren,

if I'm not mistaken, the place we stayed in is adjacent to the old can factory but on the other side of it as shown in the picture.