360 Photo Support

Jeffrey962Jeffrey962 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited April 20, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Any idea if 360 photos will gain support on SmugMug? This field is about to blow up in a HUGE way. 360 cameras are being given away by mobile carriers (with the LG G5) and taking video and pictures is easier than you can believe, and cooler than you can imagine! I can see great photos from Google's Photos app on Android, but haven't found much support online. Would be great is SmugMug can get ahead of the curve, and embrace this new tech.

Anyone using 360 today and know an easy way to view these photos online?

Comments

• FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2016
    I had to create a separate site on AWS to show mine, so yes, I would like to see the ability to do 360 here. The problem is that many of those require javascript, so it would either have to be SM's specific flavor of 360, or a way to allow certain products' javascript.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited April 20, 2016
    As of now we do not have plans to support 360 video. If we see the popularity of it rise we're more than willing to reconsider!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • BeautifulWorldBeautifulWorld Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins

Any increase in 360 adoption and any chance that Smugmug might start to support it? I recently got mine and I think it is an excellent addition to my arsenal especially since I am showcasing the #BeautifulWorld.

• PhilPaulPhilPaul Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Wondering the same here. Purchased a 360 video camera and need to choose an alternate site for sharing. I'd much rather keep them here with my other photos.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Vimeo and YouTube is 100% in on 360 support. The popularity is on the rise already.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

Please feel free to leave this as a feature request in our feedback forum:
http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    Many new features have come from this forum!

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • ThomasKrThomasKr Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    > @VivPix said:
    > Please feel free to leave this as a feature request in our feedback forum...
    > Many new features have come from this forum!

Hi Vivian, the link doesn't work.

Are there any news about integrating 360° equirectangular panos with an VR-viewer into SmugMug galleries?

It works in Flickr - see the Flickr group Equirectangular - so it shouldn't be a problem to adapt the settings from Flickr.
  • JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Sorry about the link, here is the one that is correct, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSds3_qOqW1aNH-pRsRn4NcxfKf_iRLzCOCI9BKpTq2vEQAo9g/viewform

That is the best place to reach the Product Team for them to review feature requests.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins

@ThomasKr said:
    > @VivPix said:
    > Please feel free to leave this as a feature request in our feedback forum...
    > Many new features have come from this forum!

Hi Vivian, the link doesn't work.

Are there any news about integrating 360° equirectangular panos with an VR-viewer into SmugMug galleries?

It works in Flickr - see the Flickr group Equirectangular - so it shouldn't be a problem to adapt the settings from Flickr.

Hi Thomas,
    What are you using to view them on desktop without uploading them? How about emailing them, do you just upload them to flickr and share the link with your recipient?

@Jenuine said:
    Sorry about the link, here is the one that is correct, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSds3_qOqW1aNH-pRsRn4NcxfKf_iRLzCOCI9BKpTq2vEQAo9g/viewform

That is the best place to reach the Product Team for them to review feature requests.

Jenuine, do you have a link to the other feature requests so we can vote for them? Or with UserVoice gone, did everything get wiped?
    We shouldn't have to keep posting the same ideas/requests, there should be a way for us to see if they were requested so we can vote like we did before. I am surprised that company like Smugmug went from a better platform to a inferior, form-based, google docs/forms system.

My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • ivegotyourpicture.comivegotyourpicture.com Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

Jenuine, do you have a link to the other feature requests so we can vote for them? Or with UserVoice gone, did everything get wiped?
    We shouldn't have to keep posting the same ideas/requests, there should be a way for us to see if they were requested so we can vote like we did before. I am surprised that company like Smugmug went from a better platform to a inferior, form-based, google docs/forms system.

Agree!

• JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

The old User Voice page has been removed in lieu of the the new Feature Request page. It enables the Product team to more cohesively keep track of the requests and then be able to prioritize the road map for new features.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins

Hi, I tried using the Google Forms link above but it tells me that my company name is incorrect...

Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@TexPhotog said:
    Hi, I tried using the Google Forms link above but it tells me that my company name is incorrect...

It isn't YOUR company, it's SmugMug.

• TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins

LMFAO!!! Thanks Mike... I was like... I think I know the name of my own company after 10 years!!!

Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro