Some customization ideas I would like help with

YaggamyYaggamy Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
Hello!

While checking out other photographers sites I noticed some features that I would like to implement on my own as well. And I would like some help with the CSS code for them.
They are:

1. Lightbox should close with mouse click on picture or background instead of the X. And hide the X button.
2. I have a menu structure and I want to disable the link property of one of the topmost level items. Instead of going to a link it should drops down/expands when clicked/tapped. Because how the menu work on mobile it is confusing, that's why I would like to have the click action do the same thing as the mouse hover does now. On mobile the + sign for the menu is hardly noticeable on some backgrounds, I would like to hide it.
3. Change how my pictures are displayed on mobile. On desktop my images are close to each other with a minimal margin between them. On mobile they are tiny with a ton of dead space in landscape orientation. In portrait orientation the size is right but there's way to much spacing between them.
4. Custom scrollbar. On mobile is looks great, but on desktop the vanilla windows edition doesn't look good. I found one with google but it stopped working recently and the code was long, bulky.
5. Carousel doesn't show the arrows on mobile. Should advance with mouse click and mouse scroll wheel, not just the arrows buttons. If clicked in the left half it advances in that direction just like the arrows would do. If mouse cursor is in the carouse the mouse wheel advances left/right the carousel.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2019

You need to post your site.

1. Lightbox should close with mouse click on picture or background instead of the X. And hide the X button.

Please post an example. I'm not aware of that feature in SmugMug.

1. I have a menu structure and I want to disable the link property of one of the topmost level items. Instead of going to a link it should drops down/expands when clicked/tapped. Because how the menu work on mobile it is confusing, that's why I would like to have the click action do the same thing as the mouse hover does now. On mobile the + sign for the menu is hardly noticeable on some backgrounds, I would like to hide it.

Please post an example.

• YaggamyYaggamy Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    My site is:
    norberttukora.com

I don't know if this is a SmugMug site, but it feels like it:
    https://zsuttonphoto.com/
    You click on an image, a Lightbox pops up, and with a mouse click it advances to the next photo. I would like some similar function with my Lightbox. Advance to next photo or close Lightbox(and hide the X button if this function works) with a mouse click.

On my site there is a "Portfolio" menu with submenu items. I would like to change the "Portfolio" to not be a link. An on mobile when someone taps on the "Portfolio" it should expand and revel the submenu items like the + button does now.
    The way it works now is confusing for people, the + button blends in with the background sometimes(I have a dynamic background), they don't notice it. And when they click on the "Portfolio" it acts as a link instead of droping down the menu.
    Example:
    http://www.vibrantshot.com/
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2019

Neither of those sites are SmugMug sites, they use WordPress. Nothing you can do about it.

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

To have no link for a top-level menu item, leave the link field blank (or delete what is there to make it blank)
    This will then do what you want.

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • YaggamyYaggamy Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Thanks! That worked!!
    I didn't try it out the first time because the custom URL field was always populated with example.com, not blank. And I presumed it would go to that page and the Link field can't be empty, it always has a default value.