Photo file name

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
edited September 27, 2019 in SmugMug Product News

I noticed the filename has been moved down below under "SHOW MORE".
This works in lightbox as it is also at the top of the details overlay. But does not work in a gallery.

The filename is the MOST important info for a photo. There is no other way to identify the photo from others.
Please move it back above "SHOW MORE" when NOT in lightbox.
The details list take up a huge amount of the gallery page when expanded.
Also hangs way below bottom of page.

This should of been posted in this thread. Looks like I can't find a way to move it.
Upcoming Lightbox improvements (2019 edition)

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

You can enable “show file names” in your gallery settings and the file name will always be shown at the top, along with the title and caption.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins

I have “show file names” set in gallery settings.

You're not reading what I said, it's on the gallery page that the filename is hidden without "show more" being clicked.
    It's so huge and covers what's below it's difficult going photo to photo and seeing photos/thumbs below it.
    Lightbox is fine.

Would someone at Smugmug please get there head together and put the filename back in the top section of the details for a gallery?
    Notice how huge it is.

edited October 11, 2019

This is a huge PITA. Have to open that huge overlay that goes below the screen just to see the most important info for a photo.
    Logged off view in screen shots.

What's really ignoring now is "SHOW MORE" does not show for visitors so they don't have a clue it even exists.
    Would have to scroll down to see it. But the scroll bar now in FF can hardly be seen.
    If a map exists, "SHOW MORE" shows.

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2019

Allen, I know you want SmugMug to fix this, and they should. Hiding the "SHOW MORE" is a fail. Having an almost invisible scroll bar is Firefox is a fail. But in the mean time, there are CSS patches you can implement to mitigate things some. You can make the box taller and/or you can reduce the line spacing on the photo info table entries. Adjust numerical parameters to taste. I've got both up on my site. The latter also affects the display in the lightbox.

.sm-user-ui .sm-panel-imageinfo.sm-panel .sm-panel-body {height: 430px;}

.sm-panel .sm-imageinfo-container .sm-imageinfo-label, .sm-panel .sm-imageinfo-container .sm-imageinfo-value {padding-bottom: 3px;}

Nothing you can do so far about the scrollbars that I know if. Firefox offers CSS controls for scrollbars, but the SmugMug user CSS interpreter strips them. Part of the problem is that Mozilla and Google people have different CSS to adjust scrollbars. Google just did it and supplied some rather nice controls for -webkit browsers. Mozilla is trying to work through the official CSS standards process. They came in late -- their controls went live in March 2018 -- and did much less. On the other hand, what Firefox has can make the bars brighter and wider, which would be enough.

Correction 2019-10-12: The second piece of code ONLY changes the line spacing in the SmugMug style gallery information pop-up box. It does not change the Lightbox sidebar. If you get rid of the .sm-panel class in the two places where it is used -- not needed as it turns out -- then the second bit of code will apply to both. Note you still need the reference to .sm-panel in the first line of code, the one that changes the height of the box.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
    edited October 11, 2019

@Jtring said:
    Allen, ...
    Nothing you can do so far about the scrollbars that I know if. Firefox offers CSS controls for scrollbars, but the SmugMug user CSS interpreter strips them. Part of the problem is that Mozilla and Google people have different CSS to adjust scrollbars. Google just did it and supplied some rather nice controls for -webkit browsers. Mozilla is trying to work through the official CSS standards process. They came in late -- their controls went live in March 2018 -- and did much less. On the other hand, what Firefox has can make the bars brighter and wider, which would be enough.

Quite the contrary, with inspector I can change the transparency in this to .2 .3 .4 or .5 and it makes a huge difference.
    To me .3 is about right. Where this really helps is long html widgets.

.sm-user-ui body * {
        scrollbar-color: rgba(211,212,212,0.1) transparent;
    }

https://cdn.smugmug.com/include/css/0/0/0/smugmug/core-284ec9ecb366d387e71515c60d913aac.css

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

Yes, you can do it locally, but you can't make it stick for visitors. That requires that they receive that line of CSS.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com

@Jtring said:
    Yes, you can do it locally, but you can't make it stick for visitors. That requires that they receive that line of CSS.

That is a Smugmug CSS file where that resides. It applies to the whole site.