Great Smoky Mountains National Park

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

There are millions of images in the world of this grand place. Receiving over 12 million visitors per year, it easily takes the title of most visited national park in the United States.
Despite the high visitor count, you won't find many, if any, images from an aerial perspective, because flying drones from within the national park is strictly prohibited. However, with a little planning and input from the good folks at FAA, almost anything can be approved.

Taken with a small UAV sporting a 20mp Hasselblad camera, this image shows the beautifully folded landscape that makes up much of southern Appalachia. Looking at the image, it's hard to believe such magnificent mountains were once part of the sea floor.

If you ever get the chance to explore this great land, I highly recommend it. I grew up in these parts, and can assure you there are many treasures to behold.

Enjoy and Mahalo for viewing!

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice layers.....shoot some with first light hitting the green, perhaps with some fluffies....cheers JBR

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very nice! That's a beautiful area, I love shooting GSMNP and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice shot. I was in the Gatlinburg and Pidgeon Forge area yesterday. The " leaf lookers " were out in force and getting around was a bit of a chore. One of the best knife stores in the world is there so I braved the hoards of folks while searching for a new blade or two.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • emilyandersonemilyanderson New member Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    very sensational shot. I always like sunrise and sunset moment. thank you for sharing this.