Sunrise at Sweet Briar Lake, ND

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 21, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

Taken from our campsite.

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins

Looks like I've been gone so long from dgrin that I can't figure out how to post a photo :-) I'll try again.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Sweet.

Thank you kdog.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Brilliant! Wall hanger!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2019

Really nice shot, Mary. Welcome back. Now if we can get Randy and Claude to share their talents with us again, we'll be in high cotton.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@Stumblebum said:
    Brilliant! Wall hanger!

Thank you :-)

@black mamba said:
    Really nice shot, Mary. Welcome back. Now if we can get Randy and Claude to share their talents with us again, we'll be in high cotton.

Howdy, It's good to be back and I hope to post more as I finally had the chance to get out and use the camera. Hopefully the others will return as I'd love to see what they're up to.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2019

@Dogdots said:

@black mamba said:

Howdy, It's good to be back and I hope to post more as I finally had the chance to get out and use the camera. Hopefully the others will return as I'd love to see what they're up to.

The last time I saw Randy Wells was a little over two years ago when we met in Savannah. He and Teresa were on a swing along the eastern seaboard to visit friends. Randy does very little photography any more....a real shame as he is darn good at it. But, as he confesses, he is consumed by other interests. He and Teresa spend a lot of the summers at a friends place in Colorado. It's a resort of sorts and Teresa helps the owners out during the real busy times. While there, Randy got hooked on doing some pretty serious off-roading... bought himself a Polaris machine and dove right into the sport. He has also cranked up his love of music. He does home-recording of his guitar playing along with his vocals. The last stuff he sent me was very polished and was some really rightious sounds. He also has dived bigtime into making guitars out of cigar boxes. In fact, a couple of songs he recorded included his play on one of guitars he makes. Amazing.

Craig Kirk retired and he and Kay took to doing some traveling. He is still very much into photography. In fact, he started his own forum that is devoted to IR photography. No surprise there as that was always his forte. Craig was always a first-class guy and I really miss his presence on this forum.

Lauren Blackwell ( Redleash ) surfaces sporatically and then disappears for a while. I know that she has had some issues that required her time but I miss her regular participation.

There are some really great folks on the forum now but somehow it lacks the " family " feel it used to have. I sure hope that you will be able to participate more frequently. If it gets too rough up there for you and John this Winter, head on down to my place.....you're always welcome.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@black mamba said:

@Dogdots said:

@black mamba said:

The last time I saw Randy Wells was a little over two years ago when we met in Savannah. He and Teresa were on a swing along the eastern seaboard to visit friends. Randy does very little photography any more....a real shame as he is darn good at it. But, as he confesses, he is consumed by other interests. He and Teresa spend a lot of the summers at a friends place in Colorado. It's a resort of sorts and Teresa helps the owners out during the real busy times. While there, Randy got hooked on doing some pretty serious off-roading... bought himself a Polaris machine and dove right into the sport. He has also cranked up his love of music. He does home-recording of his guitar playing along with his vocals. The last stuff he sent me was very polished and was some really rightious sounds. He also has dived bigtime into making guitars out of cigar boxes. In fact, a couple of songs he recorded included his play on one of guitars he makes. Amazing.

Claude Kirk retired and he and Kay took to doing some traveling. He is still very much into photography. In fact, he started his own forum that is devoted to IR photography. No surprise there as that was always his forte. Claude was always a first-class guy and I really miss his presence on this forum.

Lauren Blackwell ( Redleash ) surfaces sporatically and then disappears for a while. I know that she has had some issues that required her time but I miss her regular participation.

There are some really great folks on the forum now but somehow it lacks the " family " feel it used to have. I sure hope that you will be able to participate more frequently. If it gets too rough up there for you and John this Winter, head on down to my place.....you're always welcome.

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy these days. Would love to see some of Randy's guitars out of cigar boxes. I have a lot of old ones laying around the house. My Dad used the old wood ones to store his nails in for carpentry work.

We have a camper/trailer now (small one) and hope to do a lot of traveling once John retires (few years left to work). When that happens Florida is on my list of places to go to and I'll certainly reach out to you when we get there. These ND winters are getting too cold for the ol' bones - ha!