Options

Fall Colors

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

I don't get to see the leaves turn very often these days, because I'm 5,000 miles away (I know, poor me on a tropical island in paradise lol). But this year, I got to see a little start to the season, and that sure was nice! These were all shot with a Sony a7riii + 100-400 GMaster, handheld. Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Hi JBR, hope you are having fun wherever you are! Not sure if your editing abilities are limited due to being far from home.

The light is super flat but I guess that can't be helped.

The first is best of the group, but middle of right edge has some out of focus distracting elements. Cloning out candidates for me.

The third one has these out of focus elements in fg in half the frame at edges, I suppose trying to create a "bokeh" frame around the colors?
    It is actually not pretty and best might be to crop it out.

Hopefully you get to see some colors with directional light, when Sun is low and colors are backlit.

Cheers!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I've been up in the Appalachians and Smokies for about a month now. The colors have been quite impressive....one of the better shows in quite a while. For some reason, however, some of the colors here, particulaly some of the reds, seem to have been overly saturated in processing. Probably just me....I'll blame it on the "shine these old boys up here can produce.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator
    edited October 29, 2019

Oy. Oversaturated or flat, edited completely, or not, hey, whatever... The colors are joyous! Obviously way different than what she is used to in Hawaii. I am always excited to see the full color display every autumn, even if I don't take pictures of it. I am not so excited about what follows the 3 months afterwards. All that said, I favor the first shot.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Legit_WizardLegit_Wizard Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins

Incredible detail, sharpness & color - beautiful shots!

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Nice

I like the treatment of #1 the most

Rags