Old Barn

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited October 19, 2019 in Other Cool Shots

I think this image is somewhere a little north of 500 shots like this that I have taken over the years. That's over 500 individual structures. Sadly, a great many of those have fallen prey to one cause or another.....a total collapse, barn-wood scavengers, etc., etc.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Those autumn colored vines are the best part. Well seen.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great! Love it! Hope no copper heads this time! (Was it copper heads?) I can't remember.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@David_S85 said:

Thanks, David. Old barns and vines are bedmates.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 20, 2019

@Stumblebum said:
    Great! Love it! Hope no copper heads this time! (Was it copper heads?) I can't remember.

Hey, buddy. Yeah, it's copperheads. If I weren't so cautious about them, I probably wouldn't see half of those that I do see. Rest assured, my friend, I stay on red alert when I'm fooling around in their domain. Same goes for rattler's, who also love old barns.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2019

I like the contrasting colors in this, Tom

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Very nice image! Old barns are always fun to explore and seem to convey a peace all of their own. Would love to be here in the peak of the fall colors. Thanks fo sharing this one.

@willard3 said:
    I like the contrasting colors in this, Tom

Thanks. You and I are color freaks. See my response below.

edited November 1, 2019

@El Gato said:
    Very nice image! Old barns are always fun to explore and seem to convey a peace all of their own. Would love to be here in the peak of the fall colors. Thanks fo sharing this one.

Thanks for the visit. Exploring and documenting old farm buildings is something that, at times, consumes all of my attention. And I agree, there is definitely an aura of peacefulness,, in most scenes like this, that I experience.

I'm heading home tomorrow after spending a month up in the Southern Appalachians and Smokie Mountain chain. The Fall colors were absolutely the most brilliant, far-reaching in scope, and longest lasting display that I have seen in many years.....and I'm here every Fall.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@David_S85 said:

I agree, nicely done.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

"...spending a month up in the Southern Appalachians and Smokie Mountain chain."

Wow...if only. I keep telling myself that there will be a time when I too can make a statement like this.

Ah, to have the time and ability to spend more than just a weekend somewhere. To be embedded in a location, to explore and scout, then photograph in different light, time of day, types of weather. Hummmm.....you can certainly make one envious. Tip of the hat to your passion and commitment to spending time doing what you enjoy and in doing so, enjoying life.

@Juano said:

@David_S85 said:

I agree, nicely done.

Thanks, my friend.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Tom, I have missed seeing your old barns—you know this is one of my favorite subjects. This is another nice catch. Glad the snakes were visiting another barn!

Lauren

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

Hi Lauren. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm just getting around to processing a bunch of new old-barn shots from last month. Got some good ones. One good thing about Winter....the snakes tend to keep a low profile. I keep a sharp eye out for them anyway as they tend to cluster up in the very places that I'm exploring.