Strathcona Wilderness Centre

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

I originally posted this image as part of a multi-shot series in the Journeys thread. However, I thought that it may be more appropriate here. Sorry for any confusion and multiple posts.

This is an infra-red (IR) image taken with my color IR modified D300, at an unnamed pond within the Strathcona Wilderness Centre, east of Edmonton, Alberta [53.538205,-112.995129].

Beautiful fall day despite some cloud cover and occasional, light snow. Temps around -2C.

CC always welcomed

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Beautiful autumn image. Well framed too.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Beautiful IR image

I converted a 300s once; but never had results like this...

Rags
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

David & Torags...

Thank you both for your comments. I truly appreciate them!!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2019

Now that's a stunning shot, and it's in IR to boot. I'm rightiously impressed. A great guy, named Claude Kirk, used to be active on our forum and his forte was IR work. He has his own forum now that's devoted to IR exclusively.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wonderful scene and warmth and colors, but for some reason whole image is fuzzy.....something the way you are rendering your JPEG perhaps....

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've been on the road...sorry for my late replies.

Stumblebum...any recommendations for a workflow that may mitigate/eliminate the "fuzziness?" Thanks in advance

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Gato I just export from LR with full quality settings and load the link here instead of the image. Aperture for landscape like this usuually f-11 or smaller. Can't think of anything else.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Wonderful scene and warmth and colors, but for some reason whole image is fuzzy.....something the way you are rendering your JPEG perhaps....

It is fuzzy, but given my penchant to blur, I really like it!

@Stumblebum said:
    Gato I just export from LR with full quality settings and load the link here instead of the image. Aperture for landscape like this usuually f-11 or smaller. Can't think of anything else.

Thanks Stumblebum...I will remember this the next time I have the kit out in the field. Hope to work on and improve to remove the fuzziness. Thanks as always for your comments.

Thank you Cristóbal!