navigation on pwd page

DeeRichDeeRich Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins

I would like to keep the navigation bar OFF the "pwd" page to a gallery. Long ago I recall this came up and I think there is a code.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited November 4, 2019

@Hikin' Mike said:
    What is a "pwd" page?

maybe password?

• DeeRichDeeRich Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2019

Hi Mike, Often one wants to create a password to a gallery or folder (Smugmug offers that option). This password page looks like a separate page. My site-wide nav bar shows on that page and I don't want it to. Here is a link to such a page - note the nav bar. Here is the link to that page. Can't seem to get the link above to work right so here it is:
    https://oursite.smugmug.com/All-Folders/Other/Contact-Dee/n-hJJNc

Here's where you go to set up the password:
    Customize
    Gallery Settings
    Security and Sharing.

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

I don't work for SmugMug.
    I'm not a mind reader.
    I don't know what a "pwd" page is.
    I know what a "password page" is.

That said, this will hide the navigation bar for that page you posted above.
    .sm-page-node-gcdBb .sm-page-widget-nav {display:none;}

Mike, I don't know you. Furthermore, I don't expect anyone to mind read. Denise saw my post and referred it to someone named Mike who helps SmugMug people with coding; I thought you were that person--you show no last name. In the past when I was learning SmugMug, I posted quite often. In no time at all my coding issue, no matter what it was, was handled courteously and timely, and the code they provided WORKED. As far as "pwd" - I didn't know there were any English speaking persons who didn't know what that acronym stands for.

Well, your code did not work. Thanks for trying. Years ago, I obtained a code ON DEGRIN with the same issue (and others were asking the same question). A code was given that got the nav (navigation) bar off the pwd (password) page.

Have a lovely rest of the evening. I will email SmugMug. and copy our conversation. I am a longtime Smugmug user.

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2019

Where did you enter the CSS? It seems to work using the Developer Tools.
    I would try it in the "entire site" CSS.

I tried a couple different areas of my site that had different PW's and they all have the same page class name "sm-page-node-CRV7D".
    So I assume that it is the page class name for a PW page.

EDIT: just tried it in "entire site" and the nav disappeared.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited November 4, 2019

@DeeRich said:
    As far as "pwd" - I didn't know there were any English speaking persons who didn't know what that acronym stands for.

It was just dumb luck that I guessed your meaning. It's always best to use descriptive words here.

Please keep in mind that nearly all of the people helping here are SmugMug customers and volunteers, not smug employees.

edited November 4, 2019

I am closing this post. By the way, to join the pettiness, "pwd" is most definitely an abbreviation for "password".

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

@DeeRich said:
    I am closing this post. By the way, to join the pettiness, "pwd" is most definitely an abbreviation for "password".

Well you might want to let Google know that because, no matter what search terms I use for "pwd abbreviation for" or "pwd meaning", not once (that I can see) is "password" mentioned.
    It may well be an abbreviation in your locality/circle, but it isn't in common/wider use.

Hope you solve your problem.

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com