Password locked afer login - Reset needed

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

After logging into Dgrin this morinng, I received a popup that my password has been locked and I would need to reset it. So I did follow that procedure after making sure it's not a phishing attempt (which it honestly didn't look like, the request came from the web site, not via mail and it pointed to all the right domains), and after I set a new password, login was possible again.

Question arise, whether this is a "normal" procedure all X years or if this was necessary because of something happened?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

^^same thing happened to me... am also wondering why...

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited November 17, 2019

It happened to me and several other mods as well. And other users. I suspect that it's system wide, though I don't know why it's happening. AFAIK, following the reset instructions works well, so it should just be a minor inconvenience. If I learn anything more, I'll post about it.

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins

Happened to me too

My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Oh well, let's just hope there has not been a security breach on Vanilla Forums with someone stealing our passwords or something similar. Forcing new passwords without a specific policy usually is an indicator of such things happening.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

• James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2019

Yesterday (16th November) I had the same experience.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Thanks for the transparancy, @Richard - much appreciated

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator

It happened to me yesterday also - I received an email saying I needed to reset my PW - then it still didn't want to let me in. Very annoying

I finally finagled my way in with a new PW - but wow, that wasn't fun at all!!

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin