Moonlit Wailea Coast

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Enjoyed sunset with the wife a couple nights ago and decided to hang around until the stars came out. Never checked the moonrise schedule, but it worked out just right! This was shot about 45min past sunset. The bright white is from the full moon rising up from behind Haleakala (volcano), lighting the clouds. I would've shot this a little higher off the ground, but I had no tripod, only rocks. lol

Mahalo for viewing!

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nicely captured. I like how the higher clouds top right reflect the fading sun.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Another great capture. You do a great job of balancing the light.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Nicely captured. I like how the higher clouds top right reflect the fading sun.

Thank you! That light on the clouds is actually all coming from the moon, which is to the left of the scene. The sunset was to the right of the scene. Hadn't planned on any full moon photo activities, was just pleasantly surprised by it's appearance and my timing for that evening. :smiley:

@roaddog52 said:
    Another great capture. You do a great job of balancing the light.

Phil

Mahalo Phil! I like to think my professional luxury real estate skills come into play here, understanding the peak of each end of the dynamic range of this particular camera. I've blown out enough lightbulbs in photos by mistake to know where the line is. lol

• Legit_WizardLegit_Wizard Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Legit_Wizard said:
    Fantastic low light shot!

Thank you!