Options

uploaded folders not visible to recipient

pigeonpigeon Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins

I have created a folder on my site for a project. Inside of that folder, I've uploaded folders of images, from different dates. I wanted to send a client the project folder, so they could see the folders. For some reason (user-related, I'm sure), that doesn't work - maybe by design? I ended up sending links to the 6 different folders, and that works fine.

What is a better way to do this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi there,
    Is the contents of the folder unlisted? If you'd like for a visitor to be able to browse the contents of a folder, the folders and galleries within a folder would need to be set to "visibility - public". Otherwise, visitors wouldn't be able to see that content.

It's okay for the folder itself that contains the content you'd like to share to be set to "visibility - unlisted" - that way it wouldn't show up on your site for visitors to browse to. And if a folder is unlisted, any folders and galleries within set to "visibility - public" would still be covered by the visibility setting of the folder they're in.

If you have further questions on this and don't want to share a link to the folder (especially if it's unlisted) on a public forum, you can email us on the HelpDesk for clarification.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero