Options

Amazing Maine 2019

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited November 25, 2019 in Landscapes

This year was the most spectacular I have ever witnessed in my trips to Maine. The colors were so striking and the coverage was so vast. I could not fully capture the beauty I saw, but here are some shots I was happy with. I shoot so little these days and would appreciate any comments or suggestions. (By the way....glad to be back!) Thanks, Lauren

1. Reflections in a stream

2. There were so many scenes like this

3. Sunset at Ocean Point, near Boothbay Harbor

4. A little creativity

5. Blueberry barrens

6. Bradbury Mountain State Park

7. Frost appeared only once, just before I left in late Oct

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2019

Nice array of shots. My favorite is #1, but they all have points of interest. This must have been the year of leaves. Throughout the Appalachians and Smokies, it was the most brilliant and wide-spread show that I've seen in years.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks, Tom. One of my friends has lived in Maine for 30 years and she said this is the best ever! We have a few trees that have turned yellow, but as you know most leaves in this part of TX just fall off. :disappointed:

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

These are some beautiful captures, Lauren. Favorites are #2 for its sheer autumn color overflow, and #4 has a very nice touch to it!

Unfortunately, I missed the autumn season for photography this year, but I enjoy the photos taken of this photogenic season by others. Thanks for sharing.

Can

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options

Thanks, Can. I appreciate the encouragement—glad you enjoyed a taste of this year’s spectacular colors. Did Germany not have good color this year, or were you just not able to partake? It is such a beautiful country, in all seasons!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I like blur therefore I'm naturally attracted to 1 and 4. However, I think 4 has distracting elements that bother me, probably the tree trunks, not sure. On 1 I would increase the blacks a little, it is a lovely shot. I like 5 a lot but I would crop it down to eliminate the two vertical clouds on the top.

• Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@redleash said:
    Did Germany not have good color this year, or were you just not able to partake? It is such a beautiful country, in all seasons!

Indeed Germany has quite some photogenic places to offer, and basically here in the hills of Swabia there's lots of offerings from mother nature. Lots of the wine growing areas also look spectacular, especially during autumn time. But yes, lately I have been very busy with work and stuff and unfortunately let the creative side of life a little unattended. Next autumn season won't be skipped, hopefully :)

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very nice, Lauren.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Lovely set!