Community Directory

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Very fitting, really, for the surrounding area.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Cool! The board is in much good shape then the barn!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Cool! The board is in much good shape then the barn!

Hey, buddy. This one was way back in the " holler ".

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Good catch! I like the glimpse of RR tracks on the right—makes me wonder how many of those people hopped a freight!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good capture... looks like the condo board is asleep at the switch...

Rags
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Gotta agree with the previous commentors, this is a nice catch. Reminds a little of dystopian end-of-times movies, where mother nature regains most of the stuff we built.

You should make sure to go back there when there's a little more going on the sky, as the only downside of the shot is the blown out sky (or maybe try a b/w conversion).

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

@redleash said:
    Good catch! I like the glimpse of RR tracks on the right—makes me wonder how many of those people hopped a freight!

@redleash said:

Hey, Lauren. This was shot in the really small burg of Balsam, N.C. The railroad tracks were instrumental in bringing quests to a once-grand and active resort hotel tucked back in the mountains around Balsam.

@torags said:
    Good capture... looks like the condo board is asleep at the switch...

I tell you, Rags, from the looks of the area now, I doubt that very many of the folks on the directory are alive or still live around there.

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Gotta agree with the previous commentors, this is a nice catch. Reminds a little of dystopian end-of-times movies, where mother nature regains most of the stuff we built.

You should make sure to go back there when there's a little more going on the sky, as the only downside of the shot is the blown out sky (or maybe try a b/w conversion).

Thanks for your visit and your comments. The sky you see is the curse of those mountains at this time of the year....often very bland and bleached out,