$5.425M Luxury Home with a view! (Low-light goodness inside)

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

I had the joy of shooting both stills and video of this beautiful home. When I first visited, it was bright daytime, and I remember thinking, 'Wow, this is a lovely home.' But when I returned for sunset to check it out, I thought to myself, 'Holy balls, this house is SEXY!' And at that moment, I knew we needed to shoot mostly in the twilight timeframe to present this house appropriately.

So, I spent one evening shooting stills of the entire home, the next morning shooting a few key pick-up daytime stills and video, then back that evening for final video capture of the rest of the space. It was fun to get creative with the pool, which you'll see in the video.

This was shot with a pair of Sony A7 cams (a7riii & a7iii), along with a DJI Mavic 2 Pro for aerials. All content was recorded in true LOG profiles, fully edited within FCPX, using a few plug-ins for refinement (titles, noise reduction, other doo-dads). There's no compositing in this video either...all just single clips with the data extracted in post via layers of color & shape masks, with tracking.

In the scene from the in-home movie theater, you'll see a movie playing from a projector, onto a big screen on the wall. This clip was added in post, along with the flicker from the projector.

There's a pool shot from underwater, using the Sony cams & a SeaFrogs housing.

Enjoy & Mahalo for viewing!

Comments

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Wow JBR. I always enjoy your productions! I guess if I had a luxury home to sell, you'd be my first choice for entrusting the production of its portfolio. This time, the only little critic that I have is the music - it's not really bad, but I think there would have been a better fit for this kind of imagery. But that's just nitpicking, and probably quite personal opinion as well.

And damn, did I see that right that this house has a pool with an underwater window into one of the living rooms?!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Wow JBR. I always enjoy your productions! I guess if I had a luxury home to sell, you'd be my first choice for entrusting the production of its portfolio. This time, the only little critic that I have is the music - it's not really bad, but I think there would have been a better fit for this kind of imagery. But that's just nitpicking, and probably quite personal opinion as well.

And damn, did I see that right that this house has a pool with an underwater window into one of the living rooms?!

Mahalo for taking the time to watch, as well as your compliments & critiques! You're totally right, music is always the tricky part. No matter the track, someone will absolutely love it, many will like it, and some will dislike it. I've learned over the years, the best I can do is roll the dice, try for the styles that get the best feedback overall, and most importantly make sure the client is pleased with it, since they're paying for me to play cameras in these fancy houses. lol

And YES, there's a window into the pool from the downstairs bar/theater room!! As soon as I saw it, I thought to myself, 'Hey...I own an underwater housing for these cameras, I should monetize it right now!'

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Wow. Great video.

The house too, I guess....

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Wow. Great video.

The house too, I guess....

Thank you!!!