MINI_CHALLENGE # 293 : "Fruit" - RESULTS

pegellipegelli Major grinsBelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 7,286 Major grins

I would have liked a few more entries but on the other hand it's a busy time with everybody preparing for the holiday season. And the entries were all outstanding, so really nothing to complain about

First some comments:
@Cavalier : 1: Nice reportage shot, 2: Great texture, 3: Stunning light on the grapes
@sarasphotos : 1: Love the depth you managed to get in this shot, 2: they almost look like cherries, 3: Never seen one of those, I would nickname it "brainfruit"
@JAG : 1: Great bold colour, 2: as #1 + good light brought out the texture of the dried pepper, 3: Nice detail and bold coloured for a banana
@grandmaR : 1: love the proud look on the ladies face, 2: looks yummie and healthy, 3: great work for an "early" class
@DavidRGillespie : 1: They all look delicious, 2: Nice and glossy, 3: great find, the very ripe one among a group that still needs some time
@RalphMoon : 1: Great simple composition, 2: Is that an easter egg in the hand of the puppet? (nice scene btw), 3: Nice play with the lighting

And now the "prizes"

3rd place (shared between 2 shots)

@RalphMoon said:
1) Two Fuyu

For the simple composition
and

@JAG said:
2 Dried Pepper

For the minimalist composition with still nice detail due to the light

2nd place

@Cavalier said:
Pearls of Chardonnay - Gold Hill Vineyards, Placerville, Ca:

For the way the stunning light was captured

And the winner with first place is:

@sarasphotos said:
1) Hillside apples (Bad Gastein, Austria)

For the great depth by including the out of focus landscape behind the heavily loaded branch.

Congrats Sara, and I pass the baton for the next mini to you

Pieter, aka pegelli
My SmugMug

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Life is a Bokeh Foresthill, CaliforniaRegistered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins

thanks for the second place, Pieter. Congratulations to everyone for their wonderful shots.

And congratulations to Sara for her beautiful shot - such a healthy tree loaded with fruit!

• grandmaRgrandmaR Major grins Southern Maryland Registered Users Posts: 1,824 Major grins

Sara what an absolutely beautiful shot!!!
    And Pieter, thanks for running an interesting mini

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Chilliwack, British Columbia, CanadaRegistered Users Posts: 752 Many Grins

Great choice Pieter! That is a lovely image, for so many reasons. Great light, great composition, lovely background, and superb detail in the subject.
    Congratulations to @sarasphotos for first, and @RalphMoon and @JAG for third and @Cavalier for second.

• RalphMoonRalphMoon San Francisco Bay AreaRegistered Users Posts: 116 Major grins

Thank you, Pieter, and congratulations to all. This was my first Dgrin mini-challenge, and it's been good fun. Happy Holidays,

--Ralph

--Ralph Moon
    Smugmug: https://ralphmoon.com

"You look one moment and there's everything, next moment it's gone.
    Photography is very philosophical." -- Joel Meyerowitz

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 3,161 Major grins

Wow, I'm really surprised and flattered. Thank you for the pick, Pieter and thanks the rest of you for the nice compliments. Congrats as well to Jo @Cavalier, Joyce @JAG and @RalphMoon for second and third.

If it's okay with everyone, I'll post the next challenge after Christmas (on the 27th - here in Germany the 26th is also a day of celebration). The coming three days will be filled with cooking, eating and celebrating so I probably won't even have a chance to turn on the computer. If this isn't OK I'm happy to concede to Jo @Cavalier for her fine shot. What do you say Joyce @JAG ?

• JAGJAG Photomaniac Wasilla, AKSuper Moderators Posts: 8,445 moderator

Thanks Pieter for the great run of a challenge as well as your comments on my images. Congrats to @sarasphotos for your win. I look forward to seeing what you come up with Sara. Yes, waiting till the 27th is fine. I see that this was posted a couple days ago and I have been sick for a week now. So, waiting till the 27th is fine. Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate everywhere!