Options

Skydio 2 Autonomous Drone - Better, Faster, Longer Run

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,798 moderator

ziggy note: Wow!!

Skydio 2 Autonomous Drone That Never Crashes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItEqzD2gpV8
Dec 9, 2019
Adam Savage’s Tested

We check out Skydio 2, the new autonomous drone that is the successor to one of our favorite products of last year. It's smaller, faster, and more powerful of a self-flying camera drone than the R1, but also somehow costs less. We head to Skydio's headquarters to take a look under hood of Skydio 2 and learn how the company designed this amazing drone!

Shot by Gunther Kirsch and edited by Norman Chan

Additional footage courtesy of Skydio

ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• Options

Introducing Skydio 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imt2qZ7uw1s
    Oct 1, 2019
    Skydio

$999. Reserve yours now at Skydio.com.

Skydio 2 combines groundbreaking artificial intelligence with a best-in-class 4k60HDR camera, 3.5 kilometers of wireless range, and 23 minutes of flight time in a drone that fits anywhere you can carry a 13” laptop. For experienced pilots, Skydio 2 makes every aspect of flying drones more creative, more fun, more useful, and less stressful. But it’s also capable of flying itself with the skills of an expert pilot, opening up the power and magic of aerial capture to new audiences.

Skydio 2 is built around the Skydio Autonomy Engine - the most advanced flying artificial intelligence system in the world. It sees in every direction with six 4K cameras, maps and understands the world around it, predicts into the future, and makes intelligent decisions that let it smoothly fly around obstacles while capturing amazing videos and photos. All this intelligence has a profound effect on what it’s like to fly Skydio 2 and what it can do for you.

With its category-defining autonomous person and car tracking, Skydio 2 enables you to capture everything from a backyard pickup game to a downhill adventure with a single tap. It builds on Skydio R1’s foundation and takes it to the next level, with tracking speeds up to 36 miles per hour, and a new planning algorithm focused on cinematic capture. It delivers stunning, dynamic footage that must be seen to be believed.

Skydio 2 is the result of over a decade of R&D by a world class team that spans AI, robotics, cameras, and electric vehicles. It’s designed and manufactured at our headquarters in Redwood City, California and it’s backed by a simple promise: if you’re flying Skydio 2 within our safe operating guidelines and it crashes, we’ll repair or replace it. For any issue, big or small, our customer support team works down the hall from the engineering team and we are here to help.

Skydio 2 is available for $999. You can reserve your spot in line by placing a $100 reservation at skydio.com. Demand is exceptionally high, but we are shipping in the order in which reservations were placed. We can't wait to see what you do with Skydio 2.

ziggy53
  • Options

SKYDIO 2 in the Trees!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5gQ1vIaKg
    Nov 12, 2019
    Kyle Warner

Alright! Here's the video you've been asking for, Putting the Skydio 2 to the test in the trees! I recently took the Skydio drone out into the mountains to play around with its auto follow capabilities in the trees so i could report back to you. So, how did it do?

Well first of all i think it is just important to note that the drone I have is still in beta, but with that being said it handled the trees better than I ever could have anticipated.

Its not gonna be the same effect as having someone follow right behind you on the trail with a go pro but I was able to get some really cool and unique shots and I think that for just being out in the woods by myself its pretty amazing that I was able to get some content like this.

I think for people out traveling and wanting to get some beautiful shots of their adventures this drone is going to be amazing. I also think that for mountain biking, surfing, moto, skating, and and other action sport out doors this is an awesome tool for getting some great content and piecing some really cool videos together. I am really stoked the Skydio guys sent me this one to test and I can't wait for you guys to get yours so we can see what kind of cool footage comes out of these!

Huge thanks for watching! I hope you enjoyed, Please subscribe if you can!

Check out their website for more information

Skydio.com

ziggy53
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

I'm looking forward to receiving mine mid-year! I pre-ordered earlier this year, set for 2nd Q production run. Can't wait to get off the DJI teet for a while!

• Options

@JonaBeth Russell said:
    I'm looking forward to receiving mine mid-year! I pre-ordered earlier this year, set for 2nd Q production run. Can't wait to get off the DJI teet for a while!

Be sure to watch this first.

SKYDIO 2 Review - The Great & Not so Great - Is this really the drone for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5vORTlJz5I
    Dec 27, 2019
    CAPTAIN DRONE

Here is my review of the SKYDIO 2 flying it as any normal person would. The technology is impressive but it does have many limitations that keep the drone from being the "Everything Drone". You'll still need to own a really good camera drone if you wish to do cinematic filming in all situations.

ziggy53