Options

Smugmug Photo Location Privacy Zone?

henagonhenagon Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hi All,

I have geotagged my photos within lightroom.

Generally, I'd like the image locations to show up on my smugmug website, but for privacy, I'd like to prevent smugmug from displaying the location of images taken around my home.

On Strava, there is a 'Privacy Zones' feature <https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000173384-Privacy-Zones> which hides activities which start/end in a certain zone that you can define, e.g. around your house.

Does anyone know if smugmug has a similar feature, or if there is some way of achieving this (in a simple, automated fashion) via lightroom, smugmug, or some other app?

Or, anyone else come across this problem and solved it a different way?

Thanks all for your help!

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

I've never noticed it. I take it you do not want to remove your GPS tags from the LR library around your home, you just don't want those (and only those) to upload.

One possibility that SM might consider is adding the feature to the LR plugin, so it strips GPS within X miles of a home location or some such?

But to your question -- I've never run across anything like that.

• Options
    henagonhenagon Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Hi Ferguson,

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Yes you're right - I'd like my LR library to contain gps tags for all photos, and then any within a configurable privacy zone have their GPS tags stripped out upon upload or else hidden within smugmug itself.

It sounds like there's no current way to achieve this; do you think smugmug would consider such a feature request and if so how would it best be raised?
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

Hopefully someone from Smugmug may comment. :)