Salton Sea California

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

My Ride...

Rags

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

That's such a surreal place - I think I need to go back, haven't been there for years!

My favorites of this set are the 4th and 5th photos.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Yeah, I want to go too! Pretty far though for me......need a day just to get there.........I love the Pelican shot!!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks for the positive comments...

I haven't been there in years also; been involved in international travel recently...

Hey 'bum; it used to be my capper for the Baja races...

Used to drive sf - Ensinada - chase & shoot the races for a long day - wind up on east coast of Baja and drive north to death valley...

Consider trying it - it's a great photographic experience contained in about 4 days...

A magical morning @ Salton...

Rags
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Last one is frame worthy! Oh I so wish I could do anything like that.......one more unfulfilled dream on my to do list! Can't be too ungrateful though, I love being stuck in Bay Area as well! Share more!

Put it on your bucket list.... I did..

Rags
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Beautiful, indeed looks like a place worth visiting (and photographing). I especially like the bird shots, and I agree with Taz, the one you posted last would make a nice frame. Oh, and I love the plate on your bike...

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Thanks for the comments... much appreciated...

I tried to get IRONBUTT as a plate name and California declined... the one I got worked fro me .... :D

Rags
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I also love the pelican shots. I've never been there but you make it look intriguing.

Thanks for the comment.... white pelicans are the predominant bird species there

Rags