A Powerful Photo

SpenceSpence Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins

Good Afternoon Grinners -
When my Bride passed away last Jan 29, we used a company in Northern California to handle her ashes. The company is www.BetterPlaceForests.com and they spread your loved ones ashes (and yours if you like) at a tree that you also purchased. Its a very unique idea and one whose time has come. Look at their web site for more details.
In any event - last Dec 14/15 they asked me to fly to the Point Arena forest site (about 60 miles North of Santa Rosa) and film a testimonial commercial for them. During the filming one of the young ladies (Ali) took this photo with her cell phone. I am physically sitting on that brown bench in the middle and my mug shot is on that small screen. We are also about 1/2 mile from Sheila's tree and ashes.
That "beam of sunlight" on the left side makes this one of the most powerful photos I will ever see.
Hope you enjoy
Spence
www.spencerrice.smugmug.com

Tagged:

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

So sorry for your loss. Glad that this image gives you comfort.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Lo siento mucho.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I'm sorry for your loss. It is a very interesting picture, the beam of light is special.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

I wish you all the strength of this world in these times of mourning. This is indeed a very special picture, and I'm glad that you have it. With that forest, I think a great place for her final rest was chosen. We have such a place here too, and both my father and my cousin joined the soil of this magical place. When it's time for me to go, I wish to have a tree instead of a tombstone as well.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com