Options

changing the font and size for web links within text blocks.

MarkOvergaardMarkOvergaard Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
This is the 3rd and final request for help with my site re-org (for now!): www.remarkableimagery.net.

The introductory text blocks (among other places) on my site sometimes have embedded web links. See for example: https://www.remarkableimagery.net/Exhibit-On-African-Plains/. Throughout my site, I've reduced the size and weight and dialed back the brightness of text, but none of those changes seem to have been applied to links like the one you see in that gallery intro. For some, substantially highlighted links as done here may be attractive. For me, it is not.

In the same 2015 post from leftquark mentioned in another of my help requests today , I saw a suggestion that text blocks can be done as HTML, allowing control of font size, color and many other aspects. I don’t know HTML, so I’m hoping there’s a simpler way, but I’d welcome confirmation that his statement from 2015 is still applicable to my site in 2020.

I welcome suggestions on this topic.

Mark

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
  • Options

Thanks for the confirmation, sir!

Mark

• Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2020

Here is a way to address the body text and the links in the gallery cover description area without writing an html coded description each time. (Which you would also need css for or inline html styling)

/*** Change Gallery Cover Description *** Smugocity *********/

/*** Change Body Paragraph Text Color And Font Weight ***/
    .sm-gallery-cover-description p {
    font-weight: 100 !important;
    color: #8F919C !important;
    }

/*** Change Body Link Text Color And Font Weight ***/
    .sm-gallery-cover-description a {
    font-weight: 100 !important;
    color: #8F919C !important;
    }

/******************** www.smugocity.com ********************/

Note that you can also add control for font size and more to each of these as needed: font-size: 16px !important;
    -- Font weights are 100 - 900

I hope this helps!

• Options

Thanks, Mechanic. Sorry to be slow in acknowledging this. I've been getting help directly from SmugMug and didn't monitor closely enough my posts to this forum. I'll review your proposal above and may come back with questions or comments.

Mark