Options

I would to add elements to my lightboxes

RobRRobR Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins

As near as I can tell, choices for customizing the lightboxes (the pages that show individual photographs) are extremely limited. The picture can only be displayed in a size that fits the viewer's entire screen. Titles and captions are only displayed on top of the image itself; there is no way to add titles or captions as separate elements above the picture or to one side of the picture, even though there is plenty of room.

Here is an example from my PBase site. The title and caption are underneath the image. This is what I want.

I can't imagine that SmugMug would provide so many options for customizing everything else on a user's web site but would provide almost nothing for customizing the most important type of page.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 5, 2020

It seems I didn't add the link to my PBase photo. Here it is: https://pbase.com/interrobang/image/163485995 . Also, after I posted this message, I found the Customization forum. I am posting the identical question over there, since I think that's a more appropriate place for it.

• Options

As near as I can tell, choices for customizing the lightboxes (the pages that show individual photographs) are extremely limited. The picture can only be displayed in a size that fits the viewer's entire screen. Titles and captions are only displayed on top of the image itself; there is no way to add titles or captions as separate elements above the picture or to one side of the picture, even though there is plenty of room.

Here is an example from my PBase site: https://pbase.com/interrobang/image/163485995 . The title and caption are underneath the image. This is what I want.

I can't imagine that SmugMug would provide so many options for customizing everything else on a user's web site but would provide almost nothing for customizing the most important type of page.