Options

Holey #@%$ Crap

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited December 10, 2005 in Technique
Out this AM, with hat on, doing some snow shots..Ok over expose and set white balance with the snow, have done this before (lots) with the 717 never with the Reb..Read instructions did the deal, shot,checked histogram, good to go I thought. Happily snapped away.
Time to unload and every, EVERY, shot was GREEN! Obviously I really ho'ed up setting the WB:scratch BUT I was shoting in RAW:clap So even tho many aren't worth saving even if the WB had been ok, the others were saved. What a lesson that was/is.

Now back out to see what I did wrong in the first place:dunno

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2005
    Green?

ginger (trees?) nah, it is winter............evergreens??
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2005
    Don't overexpose for WB
    Point at the snow with the meter reading 0EV. That way it has something to work with on the + and - side for all the channels.
    Thusie wrote:
    Out this AM, with hat on, doing some snow shots..Ok over expose and set white balance with the snow, have done this before (lots) with the 717 never with the Reb..Read instructions did the deal, shot,checked histogram, good to go I thought. Happily snapped away.
    Time to unload and every, EVERY, shot was GREEN! Obviously I really ho'ed up setting the WBheadscratch.gif BUT I was shoting in RAWclap.gif So even tho many aren't worth saving even if the WB had been ok, the others were saved. What a lesson that was/is.

Now back out to see what I did wrong in the first placene_nau.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Green?

ginger (trees?) nah, it is winter............evergreens??
    Nope the snow:uhoh
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2005
    Point at the snow with the meter reading 0EV. That way it has something to work with on the + and - side for all the channels.
    Thank you Shay..I take it I got the cart before the horse.Geez. Don't think I'll pull that one again, I hope.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2005
    Just to be clear, the 0EV setting is just for obtaining the WB. Once that is done, then of course set the exposure to whatever is needed mwink.gif
    Thusie wrote:
    Thank you Shay..I take it I got the cart before the horse.Geez. Don't think I'll pull that one again, I hope.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2005
    Just to be clear, the 0EV setting is just for obtaining the WB. Once that is done, then of course set the exposure to whatever is needed mwink.gif
    I kinda figured that one out, but the reminder/point made is always welcome.:):