Pembrokeshire seascapes

OutdoorsAddict2OutdoorsAddict2 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited February 5, 2020 in Landscapes

A few photos taken from around Pembrokeshire, some of the same beach but on different times and days, so apologies for some repetitiveness.

All pictures taken with a Panasonic S1 with a 24-105mm f/4 lens.

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Lovely series with outstanding color. I like the compositions and in particular the second one (numbered 3) for it's serenity and #7 - great sun rays. Welcome to the forum!

• OutdoorsAddict2OutdoorsAddict2 Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins

Thanks Cavalier! I've been on the forum for quite a number of years, but I lost both my email and password for my previous account so had to re-register. Hopefully I can contribute a bit more regularly now!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice set. I like #7 most!

Thanks guys! I always find it fascinating which photos people like the most vs what the photographer thinks. I have a few more that I didn't originally post as I didn't like them as much, but would also be interested in feedback.

The 1st shot in this series, #9 is fantastic! For the last shot, I don't know what the aperture is but maybe it is wide open? Usually if you try f-16 or something it could turn that bright light into big sunstar and that usually is more appealing than bright mush. JMO. Cheers.

edited February 6, 2020

In agree about the lighthouse,. In fact closing down the shutter to get the sunstar effect was my intention... Except there was one problem, I went to the boot of my car only to find that I'd forgotten to pack my tripod, and the wind was blowing really hard. So I couldn't do it since I had to use the camera handheld, I will be going back in the spring though so I hope to try again. This time with the tripod! But you can see in the first set I posted on the wider shot, when there was more light I was able to close it down to get more of a star effect.

Yes I noticed it in previous set......yeah sometimes the way haze or other stuff is in the way, despite closing down shutter sunstar still doesn't happen. Ideally if it was big with pokes going all over that would be cool. Cheers.