Options

moving a photo between galleries

jimhjimh Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited February 22, 2020 in SmugMug Support

I seriously can't believe I can't figure this out or that it isn't obvious. I want to move a photo from one gallery to another; I go into Organizer, then into a gallery, then drag the photo over to the list of galleries on the left side. I hover over a gallery name, it gets lit up with a rectangle around it telling me it's a drop target, I release the mouse button thinking I've just done a drag-and-drop. And nothing happens; the photo isn't moved or copied. Tried selecting the photo first; no change.. Right-click the photo - no options.

I give up. How in the heck do I move a photo between galleries?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,911 moderator

After you release the mouse, you should see a pop-up with the choices Move and Collect. Do you?

• Options
    edited February 22, 2020

No. Maybe it's hidden by an ad blocker?

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,911 moderator

Maybe--it is a popup. Don't know what you're running, but try whitelisting your SM pages and see what happens.

• Options
    edited February 22, 2020

Here is the problem: my target gallery was the last one on the list. If the browser window isn't big enough to extend much below that, the popup is mostly off-screen. And it's also obscured by the useless "tooltip" that Chrome puts up in the lower left corner, to helpfully show me the URL of the target gallery page.

So the popup was there, but only partially visible, and I didn't notice it.