Options

Search function with "hide owner" galleries doesn't work

rpwoodjrrpwoodjr Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins

I just learned about the "hide owner" setting for galleries which solved an issue for me where I wanted to share links to galleries without allowing the recipient to then navigate through the rest of my site. It appears however, that this renders the search capability unusable for these protected galleries. When I enter a string to list photos tagged with that string value, I am getting 10,000 results. Seems that it is searching the entire SmugMug database rather than just my gallery. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    rpwoodjrrpwoodjr Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins

OK...I've confirmed that the "hide owner" setting kills the ability to search within the gallery. Apparently, that is because the key words (tags) are not accessible for these "hide owner" galleries. Is there a way (without coding) to prevent navigation from a gallery while still allowing access to the key words? As a side note, I understand that SmugMug is for the serious amateur and/or professional photographer - but the more I browse this forum, the more I conclude that many (most?) of the customization capabilities require HTML programming skills as well. Not noting this as a criticism - just an observation. I'm sure making it easy for the not-so-technical would be a much more costly endeavor.