Patagonia

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Awesome, Cristóbal! Terrific pics. It looks like you did Mt Fitz Roy as a day hike from El Pilar? You're a stud, man! We camped out at Poincenot and it took a couple of days for the weather to clear enough to get up to the lake. Terrific pics of Perito Moreno Glacier. Sadly we had a rental car issue that caused us to have to skip it. Did you get out to Torre del Paine?

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@kdog said:
    Awesome, Cristóbal! Terrific pics. It looks like you did Mt Fitz Roy as a day hike from El Pilar? You're a stud, man! We camped out at Poincenot and it took a couple of days for the weather to clear enough to get up to the lake. Terrific pics of Perito Moreno Glacier. Sadly we had a rental car issue that caused us to have to skip it. Did you get out to Torre del Paine?

It looks like you know the area well. We started in El Pilar, climbed to the lake (brutal...) and came down to El Chalten via Laguna Capri. Awesome hike. The Perito Moreno glacier was stunning, we also went to the Upsala Glacier. I'm ready to go back!

Upsala Glacier

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Stunning shots, Cristóbal! I especially like 5&6 from the first set - I love that expanse of the glacier that one sees. In the second set the first picture is my favorite - I can imagine how teeny and insignificant one must feel at the foot of such magnificence! Thanks for sharing and kudos on the accomplishment of getting there.

Thanks Sara, it was an incredible trip and adventure. Here is a link to the gallery if anyone would like to see more pics:

https://www.mind-driftphoto.com/Nature/Patagonia/

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

It looks like you had an amazing adventure!
    And thanks for sharing the link to the gallery.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Mighty fine work, buddy. Those glacier shots are stunning. I'm not sure that I ever had the energy to tackle that terrain. Thanks for all the effort you put in to get there and for sharing the results.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@denisegoldberg said:
    It looks like you had an amazing adventure!
    And thanks for sharing the link to the gallery.

It was a great trip, we had good luck with the weather too!

@black mamba said:
    Mighty fine work, buddy. Those glacier shots are stunning. I'm not sure that I ever had the energy to tackle that terrain. Thanks for all the effort you put in to get there and for sharing the results.

Thanks Tom, we got to do a minor hike on the glacier itself it was fun and interesting. We still have many trails left to discover down there, I hope we can go back!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet captures Cristobal! I feel like I was there! I won't get a chance so this is wonderful to experience through your lens! Cheers!

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet captures Cristobal! I feel like I was there! I won't get a chance so this is wonderful to experience through your lens! Cheers!

Thanks Taz, glad you enjoyed them.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Fantastic images!! Well done. Just had a friend move to Chile, waiting for the invite to trekk in Patagonia...dream trip. Looks as of you had a super adventure and experience. Thanks for sharing these.

@El Gato said:
    Fantastic images!! Well done. Just had a friend move to Chile, waiting for the invite to trekk in Patagonia...dream trip. Looks as of you had a super adventure and experience. Thanks for sharing these.

Hi, glad you liked them, this was on the Argentinean side, I hear the Chilean side is gorgeous too. I hope you get to go.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Awesome set, Cristobal. Seems you had a great trip out there! Number 2 is my absolute favorite, followed by 7 and 8. They're just so surreal. Thanks for sharing!

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Thanks k, I like #2 as well it is one of my favorites.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Just gorgeous.

• Lab_TestedLab_Tested Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins

Very beautiful! But curse you for adding another item to my dream destination list. Every time I complete one, two more are added.

@Cornflake said:
    Just gorgeous.

Thanks!

@Lab_Tested said:
    Very beautiful! But curse you for adding another item to my dream destination list. Every time I complete one, two more are added.

Yeah, I know the feeling...

• jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins

awesome images - I especially like the last one in the first group (looks cold out - lol) - again, great job!

@jerryr said:
    awesome images - I especially like the last one in the first group (looks cold out - lol) - again, great job!

Thanks, I only saw your comment today, in retrospect, we were very lucky to be able to go. It was just a few weeks before all hell broke loose.