Pantanal cat

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Good shot, buddy, I really like the conversion work. As a lifelong lover of cats, I'm fairly shocked that I didn't know of this one. I'll have to fire up the internet search.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Good shot, buddy, I really like the conversion work. As a lifelong lover of cats, I'm fairly shocked that I didn't know of this one. I'll have to fire up the internet search.

Thanks Tom, These are jaguars in the Brazilian Pantanal. Incredible ecosystem.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Excellent image! Just looking at your image I swear that if I were to touch it, I would feel the texture of the cat's fur. Wonderfully done and presented!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Well done, Cristóbal.

Great textures in the conversion.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@El Gato said:
    Excellent image! Just looking at your image I swear that if I were to touch it, I would feel the texture of the cat's fur. Wonderfully done and presented!

@willard3 said:
    Well done, Cristóbal.

Great textures in the conversion.

Thanks guys. The jaguar had been swimming in the river just before the shot. This in the Encontro das Águas state park in the Pantanal. Here is a link to google maps

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parque+Estadual+Encontro+das+Águas,+Brazil/@-17.1184233,-56.688607,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x938373dbd3d90af3:0xb3e43bf947a1c635

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

For me bg is way too bright and way too busy. Subject is almost lost. Maybe that was the intention? if not, I would explore super tight crop and try to calm down leftover bg. Cheers Cristobal!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good work Cristobal

The contrast screams... (also beautiful cat.. :) )

Rags

@Stumblebum said:
    For me bg is way too bright and way too busy. Subject is almost lost. Maybe that was the intention? if not, I would explore super tight crop and try to calm down leftover bg. Cheers Cristobal!

Thanks Taz, I agree. It is already a tight crop with reduced clarity in the bg. I will attempt some further toning down.

@torags said:
    Good work Cristobal

The contrast screams... (also beautiful cat.. :) )

Thanks!

edited March 16, 2020

How about this Taz, That is as much as I could smooth the background.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow man I didn't think it would improve that much! The kitty is practically jumping out of my screen now.....bg most certainly has retreated and that is wonderful!

Thanks for the suggestion!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal....

Still stunning! Nice work on the bg.

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal....

Still stunning! Nice work on the bg.

Thanks!