Imaginary landscapes

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited March 26, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Lab_TestedLab_Tested Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins

I really like the first two, but there is one thing bothering me about 1. The ridge line on the left half has a distinct thin purple edge which stands out as separate from the rest of the image.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wow...

Nice artistic colors! I like the abstract "feel."

The purple line might have to do with chromatic aberration occurring in the image, which might not have been noticeable prior to the addition of the artistic "flare." But, it is only my best guess.

Still like the images!! #2 gets my best of series vote.

Thanks for sharing these.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks, I noticed the purple line from the beginning, I tried using the defringe tool in lightroom, but it didn't do much. I welcome any siggestions. Glad you liked them!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Lovely work Cristóbal, I always like your abstracts and wish I had the imagination + Photoshop skills to to something similar. I actually like #3 the best - those washes of color suggest dreaminess to me.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

These are beautiful. Like Sara my favorite is #3.

edited March 27, 2020

Thank you. Sara wanted to see the original images that I used, I upload them to photoshop and play around with different blending methods. Some things work other don't. For #2 for example I used these. The one with plants is already a blend with something else. My only "rule" is that everything needs to be from one of my photos.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Aaah, thanks. Now I have an mini-idea of how you got from A to Z.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Nice workshop Christobal

In the first two consider making the edges less severe; perhaps by taking 50% of the opacity away a few pixels from the edges...

The extremely high contrast between the mountain edges & the sky looks very photoshoppy (?) and not look the human eye might perceive...

Rags

Rags

Thanks for the comments Rags. I will try softening the edges somehow.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I admire your willingness to step out of the box. I can see where this technique can allow someone to take what maight be just an ordinary image and convert it to something a lot more intersting.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks Tom, I do like to experiment and share the results. Sometimes I post something (like my last post) because I thought it was cool at the moment and then realize I could have done better. In any case this is, in my mind, part of the process and I hope the forum grants me their patience, who knows maybe something really cool will come one day...!

edited March 29, 2020

Rags, here is another attempt at #2, you can go in multiple directions

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I like the creativity and the results. Keep it up! In the first one, the blue spot in the purple part of the sky keeps drawing my eye. I'd consider getting rid of it.

@Cornflake said:
    I like the creativity and the results. Keep it up! In the first one, the blue spot in the purple part of the sky keeps drawing my eye. I'd consider getting rid of it.

Thanks, I will try to get rid of it.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good stuff Cristobal

Rags

@torags said:
    Good stuff Cristobal

Thanks Rags.