Spring photos

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
edited April 6, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

These are difficult times. What little photography I've been able to do without travel has been focused on trying to take photos that will, I hope, cheer up friends on Facebook. That may seem frivolous with what's going on but it's as constructive as anything else I can think of to do. I hope everyone is well and stays that way.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

These are nice! Good ones to take our minds off the madness.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Thank you for sharing some beauty with us.
    I love the hummingbird and the birds perched on spiky cactus!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2020

Thank you both.

Cristobal, that's the idea. A small antidote to the news.

Denise, I'm glad you like the birds. I have a number of terrific shots of the hummingbird's rear end as it flew out of the frame.

Edit: I forgot this fellow.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice work, Don. I like the selective use of aperature settings. That add-on shot is something else.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks, Tom. I've been trying to make better creative use of shallow (or relatively shallow) depth of field.

• Lab_TestedLab_Tested Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins

I am very much in favor of more images that show the optimism of spring. We're still a few months from hummingbird season in Colorado, so keep them coming.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Wild turkey!! That is a great shot!

Lab-Tested, Cristobal, thank you.

Cristobal, it's a domesticated turkey. I've seen many wild ones when out in the boondocks here and they don't have such colors. They're also significantly smaller.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Very nice work..amazing colors!

I am glad that I am not the only one with a host of digital images of a bird's south end.

Hummingbirds seem to be one of the hardest shots for me to get right....yours is beautiful!

Thanks, El Gato. I was lucky with the hummingbird. An adjacent bed of lantana was attracting butterflies and I was trying to photograph them. I had my longest lens and my 1.4 extender on the camera, and all the camera settings were right for the hummingbird when she made her appearance. Usually when I come upon wildlife I have a 17mm lens on the camera and all the camera settings are wrong.