Options

Has 'collect' disappeared?

SuzPhotosSuzPhotos Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins

I need to put a few photos in different galleries, and I used to be able to pull up a gallery in Organize (where the original one is) and there was an option to 'collect', and put a copy into into another gallery. Has it been moved to another place? I can't find it.

Comments

• Options
    lfeiwellfeiwel Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins

It's still there...I just selected and moved a photo to a different gallery and it asks Collect or Move.
    ...Although lately I've just been adding a keyword to photos and letting itautomatically move it to the folder(s) that contain the keyword via Smart Rules

Let me know

https://feiwel.smugmug.com/

• Options

@lfeiwel said:
    It's still there...I just selected and moved a photo to a different gallery and it asks Collect or Move.
    ...Although lately I've just been adding a keyword to photos and letting itautomatically move it to the folder(s) that contain the keyword via Smart Rules

Let me know

https://feiwel.smugmug.com/

Where? I've attached a screen shot.

• Options

If I click on a photo, or group of photos, and drag them over to the album that should have them, and then let go of the photos while on top of the non-source album, I get a window that opens and says collect, and below it , move. I click on 'collect', and they are 'placed' in the new album, but still reside in the originating album...no duplicate, one version shared across albums.
    any luck?

• Options

Thanks! Much clearer and more detailed information.

@lfeiwel said:
    If I click on a photo, or group of photos, and drag them over to the album that should have them, and then let go of the photos while on top of the non-source album, I get a window that opens and says collect, and below it , move. I click on 'collect', and they are 'placed' in the new album, but still reside in the originating album...no duplicate, one version shared across albums.
    any luck?

• Options

Great...Just to complicate...I really think using Smart Album creation enables you to have the photos you want automatically going to their respective albums, without having to try to do the process manually . I don't have a lot of experience with SmugMug, but it seems to work for me. I removed all collects and now use the smart albums. The only warning with this approach is that the logic of smart albums sometimes forces me to make some 'interim albums', but I'll leave you alone, unless you want to move forward with the smart album approach :)