Old neglected house

OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

We went out for a ride to get some air and took advantage of time to shoot this old house in the country which has not been lived in for years. I did not enter or attempt to get too close or even look in the windows. This is in rural Georgia and there are plenty

more to shoot soon. Enjoy.

Have a great day!
Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Excellent finds and sweet set!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Boy, you have some real jewels here. When out shooting this kind of stuff, be sure to watch out for old Jake No Shoulders. They start moving around this time of year and they like these settings as much as we do.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Thanks for the comments, Yes, there is a lot of these properties around and as the weather gets better and this virus slows down the time to go driving around will increase. I would love to see the insides of some of these places but some are posted and I don't want to meet any hiding critters either. Thanks again!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very nice pics, I would love to see some interior pics! I hope you have a chance.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful set of images! I suspect several would look super when converted to BW. Love the car in image #9...classic. Thanks for sharing these.

This is the first time shooting these old properties so I hope to get a bit braver in time, Yes these also have been converted to B&W, sepia and an enhanced version similar to a painting. One of the house with the falling porch is at the printers now. Thanks

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful Orv...thanks for posting these!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

These are good. I wonder why so many of us are fascinated by decrepit structures.

Good question Cornflake! When we lived in southern Cal, anything like this would have been torn down and a condo or a Starbucks would have been built. It is intreging to contemplate what life was like when the places were occupied.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA