The Subway, Zion in the Summer/ Fall

shniksshniks The Light ExplorerRegistered Users Posts: 921 Major grins
edited April 7, 2020 in Landscapes

Hi all,

I got a chance to visit The Subway in Zion during Summer (and again in the Fall) of 2019. Was so different from when I visited in March 2019. Here are some shots (the colors are a bit saturated and I need to tone them down when I reprocess):

I think I am definitely Subway'd out (I visited it 6 times last year). I might go again in the future just for the hike (and not carry any of the heavy camera and tripod gear). I think having a lighter backpack, with just water, snacks would make the hike much more enjoyable.

Cheers,

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,000 Major grins

I really like this work. As you say, a little lighter touch on the saturation would be a benefit, but these are impressive shots.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 7,949 Major grins

Wow. Not sure how to express my compliments. Each one is a poster and I can keep staring at them. Bravo!

Are some of them vertical panos?

I will check them out few more times!

• shniksshniks The Light Explorer Registered Users Posts: 921 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    I really like this work. As you say, a little lighter touch on the saturation would be a benefit, but these are impressive shots.

Thanks much!

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow. Not sure how to express my compliments. Each one is a poster and I can keep staring at them. Bravo!

Are some of them vertical panos?

I will check them out few more times!

Thanks much! No, these are all single shots with a Nikon 14-24 at 14mm.

Cheers,

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAAdministrators Posts: 11,594 moderator

Terrific shots, Nikhil.

• jerryrjerryr Smugmug Customization Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins