FAA cleared airport view (drone shot)

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Aloha gang! Thought I'd share a little view from paradise, another large multi-pic pano stitch.

I've worked diligently to create a good relationship with the local ATC personnel, and now am able to secure authorization for drone flights pretty much in the back yard of the airport. This one, as you can see, is not too far from the end of the small commuter runway, but we coordinated timing to fit in between manned aircraft flights. Good people working in that tower!

Each individual image was shot @ 48mm (35mm equiv), and stitched into this nice wide pano in post.

Enjoy!

Here's a cropped version of the same image.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Good stuff. I like the first because it shows more of the surrounding land and ocean waters.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Good stuff. I like the first because it shows more of the surrounding land and ocean waters.

Thank you! I too prefer the first one as well. I created the second image to send over to the guys at the control tower. They love seeing imagery I can create from these perspectives, and it keeps the relationship positively fueled.

• mathogremathogre Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins

I work in aviation, and love the second one. :D It's always nice to connect with the FAA on things like that. Beautiful photo!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@mathogre said:
    I work in aviation, and love the second one. :D It's always nice to connect with the FAA on things like that. Beautiful photo!

Thank you! I shoot luxury real estate, architecture & interior design for a living. The area just beside (left) and behind the drone in this shot is a luxury residential neighborhood. I got so tired of waiting for manual authorization process (90 days min), meanwhile my clients would hire Johnny Lunchbucket who didn't give any F***s about the laws or air safety. I'd see photos in this neighborhood shot from a 150+ ft off the ground. So, I finally decided the best way around was to request a meeting with the local tower. They had me over for a visit, we chatted about my goal here, explaining how it would benefit their safety to begin quick authorization of these flights, which will in fact limit the illegal drone traffic in that area. Not eliminate it altogether, but decrease it by a lot.

They totally got the picture, and now I can get these flight authorized inside of a week!