King of the hill

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Judging by the area, this place must have been the Taj Mahal of the valley. At first glance, I thought it might have burned but closer inspection did not indicate a fire.

Another place at the bottom of the hill

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Love these shots, Tom. It sure makes you want to know the story behind the buildings, doesn't it?

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:
    Love these shots, Tom. It sure makes you want to know the story behind the buildings, doesn't it?

It sure does, Sara. I've always wondered about the back-stories of the hundreds of old barns and buildings that I've shot up in those mountains over the years.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Two great finds! Keep em coming Tom!

@Stumblebum said:
    Two great finds! Keep em coming Tom!

Trust me, brother. I'm like a old hound when it comes to sniffing this stuff out.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Nice shots, Tom! Love these old structures. Grass looks freshly mowed, so someone must be taking care of the grounds anyway.

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

I love the old abandoned properties too, this is a good find!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

@kdog said:
    Nice shots, Tom! Love these old structures. Grass looks freshly mowed, so someone must be taking care of the grounds anyway.

It's great to hear from you, Joel. There's an old man that lives about 200-250 yards off to the right of this first shot, in a more level area. His land butts up to this property. He's got a small 4 wheel drive thing that pulls a small gang-mower behind it.....said he mows them both when the mood hits him. I saw him in his yard.....stopped to ask about poking around the old place. He said it wasn't his and he didn't care. In fact, he stakes out some goats on that property further up the hill.

I don't know about the secod place. It's at the bottom of the hill....a long way from anythig else.

@OrvSal said:
    I love the old abandoned properties too, this is a good find!

As you know, now that you're in GA, there's a buch of this stuff in the rural parts of the state. I'm telling you, though, you get deep off the beaten paths up in the Southern Appalachians, this stuff is just everywhere you look.

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

You are right, there is plenty all around us here. I'm having fun driving around looking for it.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice images...love those old forgotten places. You capture them very well Tom! Enjoy the hunt.