Options

Help with Lightbox Titles and Captions

LaurieWinterNZLaurieWinterNZ Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
Hi team

I currently use the Smugmug default layout. I would much prefer to use the Collage Landscape template but I don't like how titles/captions only show over the photo.

I was wondering if it were possible to customise Lightbox so that either:
1) The image title and caption would show in whitespace underneath the photo instead of over the bottom of the photo (thereby shrinking the lightbox photo a bit I guess to accommodate this) OR
2) If you could make the caption show permanently in the left hand details bar without customer having to click the expand/show details options

Option 1 I would hide my tags, option 2 I would probably leave them.

Would love to know if anyone has successfully achieved this. Otherwise I am going to have to stick with the SmugMug Default layout but the Collage is so much nicer.

My site is: www.lauriewinterphotography.com (still a work in progress!)

Many thanks,
Laurie

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

The Lightbox is independent of what gallery style you're using. The Lightbox is when you click on an image.

Take a look at this: https://dgrin.com/discussion/265352/customizing-the-new-lightbox/p1

• Options
    Hi Mike.

Thank you, yes I do know it is independent. When I open a photo in lightbox, the same thing happens regardless of what layout I have.

My point is that if I choose to have the collage layout, I would like the title and caption to show underneath the photo or on the side WHEN the photo is opened in Lightbox because you see so little in the collage layout initially.

The link you have given me does have some options to play with, including underneath, so I am going to go fiddle with it all now.

Thanks for your answer!

Laurie
  • Options
    Ah sadly it still has the caption over the photo unless you click the details option on the sidebar. That's a shame.

Looks like perhaps it is not possible.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

@LaurieWinterNZ said:
    Ah sadly it still has the caption over the photo unless you click the details option on the sidebar. That's a shame.

Looks like perhaps it is not possible.

Correct. It is not possible because the "click" is done with Javascript and not CSS. We can't edit/add Javascript.

• Options
    Ideally, I would like the photo title, caption and photo details to permanently show on the side in Lightbox (like it does when you click photo details, but without having to click).

The main reason for this is that I want to put paypal purchase links into my caption and so I don't want the "add to cart" to be hidden away.

I do not use Smugmug's built in sales option as it is not economical to ship to New Zealand and they have no local printer here.

If anyone knows if this is possible I would be grateful. I am going to continue to read the thread that Hikin' Mike gave me though. :)
  • Options
    > @"Hikin' Mike" said:
    > (Quote)
    > Correct. It is not possible because the "click" is done with Javascript and not CSS. We can't edit/add Javascript.

Ok thank you for so much for confirming. That's a real shame.

In that case I will have to stick with the Smugmug layout so those details display under the thumbnail. It will be too hard for people to find buying links otherwise.

Thanks again for your help.