Fuggerstadt Classic 2019 - oldtimer car rally

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
edited May 2, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

For the past few years in September, Augsburg has hosted the "Fuggerstadt Classic" car rally. This past September the partner and I decided to take a gander at the cars on display on the two hours before "takeoff". As you might imagine, the conditions for shooting were somewhat challenging due to the masses of people and very busy backgrounds. Here are a few of the autos I found the most interesting: (in chronological order)

1) 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C Touring Spider

2) 1935 Lagonda Rapide

3) 1950 Alvis OTS Special

...the water tank on the side of the Alvis "sau heiss" = "damn hot"

4) 1956 BMW 503 Cabriolet (I couldn't get over the form of the front end!)

5) 1958 Mercedes-Benz 22S Coupe - I loved the colors on this one: they're original

6) 1959 Borgward Isabella, little known outside of Germany

7) 1959 MGA - the best part of this car was mounted on the luggage rack...

...the car is owned by one of the local breweries... :smiley:

8) and no rally would be complete without a Rolls Royce from the 60's

9) 1961 Fiat Jolly Ghia 600 - the peprfect car for a picnic

10) 1962 BMW Isetta 250

11) 1963 Wolga M21

12) 1964 Lancia Flaminia GT 2.8 Superleggera

13) 1967 Glas Goggomobil Coupe

14) 1981 DeLorean DMC-12

15) 1985 Citroen 2CV in Germany known as "Die Ente" (the duck)

16) ...at the opposite end of the speed spectrum... 1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000s QV

17) Marlin Sportster 8

for those who are interested, here's a link to the full gallery: https://sarasphotos.de/PublicGalleries/Art-Architecture-Lifestyle/Fuggerstadt-Classic-2019

Tagged:

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2020

That's some mighty fine shooting, gal. You captured some really nice cars. I love the Lagonda, the BMW 503, and the MGA, but all are some great cars. It's very interesting that the Countach, some 30+ years after its launch, has lost none of its allure. It's well supported in the high-end collector market. A lot of the buyers for the Countach, when youngsters, had pictures of that car on their bedroom walls. Some can afford one now and they keep that market strong. The clutter in which you had to shoot is very representative of the challenges I see in shooting the shows I go to. It's gotten so bad that I've cut back on the ones I go to. You get an A+ with this work.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Thanks for the high rating Tom - I'm glad you enjoyed the show. You can believe I had a lot of trash shots where someone walked through the frame but usually if I waited a second or two I could get off a clean shot. I also did a lot of cropping and many close-up details. For me that Lagonda was also the highlight of the day - it was really beautifully restored. My other favorite was the "rough and ready" Alvis.

Take care out there!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

That is one fun show! Awesome collection!

@Stumblebum said:
    That is one fun show! Awesome collection!

Yeah, it was a good time - over 120 cars and lots of them very cool.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

That's a well done set, Sara.
    I like all the cars

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks a lot WIllard - there were a lot of really great cars there.