Options

Lightbox Content Display

KenCurtisKenCurtis Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
When viewer enters the lightbox v2, I would like him/her to NOT see the buy details and would like him/her to see the image metadata (title and caption) in the sidebar without clicking the image details button. I would also like the image metadata to remain in a sidebar when visitor clicks button for slide show. Any suggestions for custom CSS?

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

@KenCurtis said:
    When viewer enters the lightbox v2, I would like him/her to NOT see the buy details

You can turn off the shopping cart.

@KenCurtis said:
    ...and would like him/her to see the image metadata (title and caption) in the sidebar without clicking the image details button.
    I would also like the image metadata to remain in a sidebar when visitor clicks button for slide show.

I believe this is done with Javascript and it's not possible to edit this. SmugMug doesn't allow us to use Javascript.

• Options
    KenCurtisKenCurtis Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Thanks, Mike. I will look at turning off shopping cart. Too bad having to click image details button.
  • Options
    kbevkbev Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins

Was this the final answer? I have the same question, Mike. There's not "default ON" function for the captions?

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

Lots of us have asked. At the moment SmugMug has no way to default to having the photo details ON, and, as Mike noted, the CSS tools available to a user can't do it.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2020

They do that for the sales side panel. A box is checked in settings whether to open LB with the sales panel open.
    Seems to me they have this all invented so adding a toggle in settings to open info panel can be done.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog