Waiting for the Morning

FlorianBaaskeFlorianBaaske Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins

After staying up early and drive to the Nordpark in Wuppertal and searching for the Skywalk (I should prepare such visits before actually going) I was able to take this picture.
Staying on top of the roofs of Wuppertal and waiting for the morning. It was awesome to see the city waking up and the sun breaking through the clouds.

Tagged:

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

A fine shot.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fine indeed. However, if you hand centered it more, equal on left and right that would be better. Furthermore, the bright green grass patches are not adding anything other than distraction and breaking symmetry in my view. I would just darken them like rest of the dark stuff so they are out of the equation. Cheers.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Great pic! That was well thought out and has a great mood to it.

@Stumblebum said:
    Fine indeed. However, if you hand centered it more, equal on left and right that would be better. Furthermore, the bright green grass patches are not adding anything other than distraction and breaking symmetry in my view. I would just darken them like rest of the dark stuff so they are out of the equation. Cheers.

Agree on the editing suggestions.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Great pic! That was well thought out and has a great mood to it.

@Stumblebum said:

Agree on the editing suggestions.

I like the shot, maybe doing a 16:9 crop could work, lose the grass and center it as Taz suggests.

• FlorianBaaskeFlorianBaaske Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins

Thanks for all for the feedback. Really appreciated. Actually, the grass are yellow flowers :) But fully agree, they somehow look like they should not be there. But actually, this brings me back to something I've learned during the last day while going through my picture library. You really see your errors while capturing pictures during the editing process. There you have time to rethink it and you get new ideas, on how to make the picture even better.
    Really enjoy this kind of conversation, as it helps me to get better, hopefully :smiley: